You are all crazy!! I suggest you seek professional mental help...

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
To all you EB breeders... You are all CRAZY, INSANE and probably a bit masochist...
... And there is a special place in heaven for you all :luv:

We (haha... we.. like i have been any help..) have just past the first week since our litter was born and i cant imagine anybody doing this more then once (and we have a full 24 hour support group of Vets/Breeders/Friends to help).

To those of you that help bring our chubly-wrinkly-grunty-ocd-furballs into the world each year..

I salute you! You are all a bunch of "steely eyed missile men/women"!
igywdi.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
To all you EB breeders... You are all CRAZY, INSANE and probably a bit masochist...
... And there is a special place in heaven for you all :luv:

We (haha... we.. like i have been any help..) have just past the first week since our litter was born and i cant imagine anybody doing this more then once (and we have a full 24 hour support group of Vets/Breeders/Friends to help).

To those of you that help bring our chubly-wrinkly-grunty-ocd-furballs into the world each year..

I salute you! You are all a bunch of "steely eyed missile men/women"!
igywdi.jpg

OMG I totally cracked up when I saw this… :haha:

I don't consider myself a seasoned breeder, we did it ONCE and that will be it for ME!!! I have to honestly say it was one of the hardest things I have EVER done in my life, and that includes after having given birth to two of my own CHILDREN!!! Those 8 weeks were an absolute blur… LOL

Hey we want to see some pics, if you have any time… LOL :w00t:

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't consider myself a seasoned breeder, we did it ONCE and that will be it for ME!!! I have to honestly say it was one of the hardest things I have EVER done in my life, and that includes after having given birth to two of my own CHILDREN!!! Those 8 weeks were an absolute blur… LOL

Hey we want to see some pics, if you have any time… LOL :w00t:

I cant imagine doing it again... We lost one puppy 3 days after it was born and i'm still emotional about it. The other 5 are thriving but the constant fear is killing me! And i'm just a fill-in-pooper! My wife will probably need to be heavily medicated by the time this is over.

Pictures are coming... I'm trying to not get emotionally attached until we are out of the 'danger zone' (probably around the time they enter puppy-kindergarten).

Here is the mom after she got back from her C-Section...
mommy-molly.jpg

Here is the camouflaged bundle of 'joy' after they came home from the vet.. The one with the little 'dot' is the one that has passed.. She was only around for a short time but she was loved.
puppies.jpg

Here is my oldest son helping out.... He's the one that gets it! girlfriend + puppies = action!
harris.jpg

After little 'Dotty' failed to thrive i stopped taking pictures... probably because i was worried about getting to attached and having to go through the pain of loosing another. She had around the clock care and was constantly being helped by our vet... but all our efforts couldn't help. How you people do this over-and-over is beyond me!!!!

I'll take some more pictures tonight and maybe start another thread... i just wanted to give a shout-out to the people who do this all the time.

.... and maybe help people who are thinking about breeding their bully.. It is as hard as people say.. seriously think (and pray.. if that's your thing) on if its the right choice. Again, we have a full support group to fall back on, and on day '7' and the kids are mumbling about how crazy mom has got.

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww those babies are adorable :luv: Molly is a beautiful baby too!!! Your son's pic is really sweet, and FUNNY!!!… LMAO!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Dotty :*( Our Bella had 8 babies, and one almost died after delivery (I put her down my shirt afterbirth and all… YES it was insanity!!!). Winnie made it, but one of our babies Wellie ended up having hydrocephalus… I had to have him put to sleep at 4 mos old. It absolutely KILLED me… I could NEVER do it again, I was so very attached to them all.

Sending prayers & hugs to you guys… sounds like you have a great crew w/you to help out!!! Keep us posted, and yeah we want to see MORE BABY PICS!!! LOL

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
HAHA I can sympothize with you it is not a easy job especially when your a dummy and figure you missed on the one girl so you breed the other one and end up with 2 litters 5 days apart. Yes I was the dummy that did that teach me to want a new show prospect thats for dam sure...lol

I will say it gets easier as they get older just gets alot stinkier...lol mine are 4 weeks and 5 weeks old now.
Keep up the good work1460149_10153428010205576_705584284_n.jpg

1463613_10153428009815576_1546626855_n.jpg1456741_10153428010550576_1921480838_n.jpgLosing the babies are never easy I lost one this time she was born way to little she only weighed 3.4 oz when she was born. The other 13 are all doing great and are at the fun age now :) And no thats isnt all one litter before you ask I had a litter of 8 and a litter of 6 (well 5 now).

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
OMG! OMG! OMG! Little baby bullies, oh oh oh...both of y'all
deserve medals for lifting everyone's spirits today, if here in
person I'g hug yore necks and smother y'all in kisses!

Wow, that boy is handsome :)

Thank y'all so much, all the babies are darling and so very
sorry both of you lost an angel :( GOD bless y'all & yours.

@traceylynn172 and [MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION]

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Congratulations on your little ones. OMG they are so cute, I would want to keep them all. Lol

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Bless your hearts -- I could never do it. I'm a lunatic over just one! Molly is gorgeous and all of those bully puppies are too adora-bull! I don't know how you don't get attached! THANK YOU -- from one who never could! Dudley says, "Don't you even think of bringing another bullie in here Mommy!"

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
My hat is off to you! It has to be a ton of work and care.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Congratulations on your little ones. OMG they are so cute, I would want to keep them all. Lol

DONT EVEN SAY THAT!!! (looks to make sure wife isn't reading....) :whew:

I'm keeping one of the two boys.. and i don't know how i'll be able to pick. 'Chunk' was my first pick... but now 'Walt Jr.' is starting to win my heart. Luckily all the puppies are going to people we know and most will be close by.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Props to all who do this as I know it must be tough. The litter Rocco came from lost a male shortly after birth as well :( From what the breeder told me the mother laid on it? (Not sure is it was a literal or figurative term that I am unaware of) but I would imagine losing one here or there is common. Good luck and post pics as time goes on!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Oh my gosh...baby bullies are the cutest!!! So sorry you lost little Dot :(. Hopefully the other four will thrive and be as gorgeous as their mommy!

Hats off to you for all the hard work...don't think I could do it.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Wow, that boy is handsome :)

He's a good boy... 16 years old... 6'8"... and a heck of a good 'defensive end' in football. A few more weeks and his 'football' hair (he likes it to flow out of his helmet) will be cut in his once-a-year-haircut to 'basketball' hair. (He's 'ok' in basketball.. but only plays because the college football recruiters want him to play 2 sports)

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
OMG they are SO adorable! I definitely could not do it, so props to you guys for all of your hard work!

I'd be the crazy bully lady & have to keep them all because I'd be too attached.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.