USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: to the vets later this week

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    On another thread, someone posted their bully got chin acne until
    they switched from stainless steel bowls to ceramic. Bullies are so
    sensitive and perhaps the nickel in the steel caused allergy?
    Yes I did switch to ceramic as soon as it was suggested. It has only been approx. A week so I'm hoping it will clear up

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

@Katielyn I got Bubba allergy tested a while back and I'm so glad I did! I have pet ins for him, so that helped a lot with the cost. Although he has some environmental allergies ( grass, dust ) I also found out what and what not need to feed him. He is allergic to salmon ( was giving him salmon oil), lamb (which I was feeding him) and peas. Peas are in almost every dog food!! the only really good dog food that didn't have any of these was Fromm, Chicken a la Veg. I was tired of doing the guessing game about what foods to feed him and this gave me a good direction to go in!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by s5nelson View Post
    Ugh I am so sorry. Allergies can be absolutely miserable! I hope that you find out soon what's bothering him!
    How did the vet go?

Real Name
    Katie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester Winston (Chesty)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry it's takin me so long to get back to you i've been so busy and my internet was down for a few days (not sure why) but the vets went alright they put him on an antibiotic ( I can't remember what one and frankly i'm to lazy to go down stairs to look) and they also put him on prednisone and zyrtec, it's clearing him up very well i actually seen results right away but now the test is to see how he looks once he's off everything for a few days if things come back the vet said there is a pill and I can't remember for the life of me what it is called but she said it works amazing for allergies and a lot of bull dogs are on it, but it is expensive but not nearly as much as allergy testing so that will be. So that pill will be the next step if this doesn't work. Also I finally decided that i'm getting chesty fixed i'm very nervous about this since i waited such a long time and i know the recovery process will be longer but hopefully it won't be to bad since he is 15 months old
    Katie & Chesty

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Katielyn View Post
    Sorry it's takin me so long to get back to you i've been so busy and my internet was down for a few days (not sure why) but the vets went alright they put him on an antibiotic ( I can't remember what one and frankly i'm to lazy to go down stairs to look) and they also put him on prednisone and zyrtec, it's clearing him up very well i actually seen results right away but now the test is to see how he looks once he's off everything for a few days if things come back the vet said there is a pill and I can't remember for the life of me what it is called but she said it works amazing for allergies and a lot of bull dogs are on it, but it is expensive but not nearly as much as allergy testing so that will be. So that pill will be the next step if this doesn't work. Also I finally decided that i'm getting chesty fixed i'm very nervous about this since i waited such a long time and i know the recovery process will be longer but hopefully it won't be to bad since he is 15 months old
    He will be fine at 15 months for neuter... is the new med something like atopica (i think that is how it is spelled)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Katie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester Winston (Chesty)
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama yes I'm almost positive that is it. We haven't started it but we will if what he is on now does not work.
    Katie & Chesty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads