Maggie and her relationship with the vaccuum cleaner

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
Indifferent - When I am just pushing aroud the vaccuum, Maggie just follows me around and watches. She moves out of it's way but is not afraid of it.

Hate - When I use the stick attachmenton the hose (to get all the dog fur tumbleweeds under the furniture) she goes into attack mode. It is so funny cuz she just watches for a bit (like she is trying to "fake out" the enemy) and then BAM, she attacks. She has had her tounge sucked into the end of the hose on more than one occasion..

Love - over the weekend, I was using the fuzzy brush thing that goes on the end of the hose to clean the ceiling fan. when I moved on to get into the sofa cusions, Maggie didn't feel like moving out of the way... so I started vaccuuming her.. (I have done this before with the other dogs. They don't like it, but they tolerate it. I know, it's weird.)... anyway, she didn't seem to mind it. yay! So then I sat on the floor and she came over to get vaccuumed.. HA HA!.. I though maybe she changed her mind about hating the vaccuum hose. So I tested her. I put the stick attachment back on it and, at first, she didn't seem bothered. She just sat next to me and watched as I pretended to vaccuum up stuff around her.. then WHAMO!! (her poor tounge).. So I took the stick attachment off and put the brush thingy back on and she immediatly sat on me to get some vaccuum luvin!..

Goofy dog!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love it.... They are so silly.

Banks relationship with the vacuum is strictly HATE! My poor Dyson has teeth marks all over it

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Lol to funny!! Vegas could care less about the vacuum, but when I use an attachment he runs to the back of his crate and is afraid.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's too funny, well at least she likes to be vacuumed, so that's one way to get the extra fur off her. :2thumbs:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That is too funny. Harlea hates it when we use the vacuum normally but tries to play with it when we break out the attachments.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You got that right Goofy is the perfect expression and I love the term fur tumbleweeds!!! :ROFL: I've never heard that one before!

Buster hates the vacuum with a passion, it's become impossible to vacuum when he's around. I don't know which is worse the vacuum or the ironing board. Mortal enemies.

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
That is tooo funny. Daisy HATES the vacuum. I've never had another dog behave to this extreme. If I'm pushing forward she barks & follows the wheel, but as soon as I pull back she grabs it by the wheel and lifts the whole thing off the ground. My poor Dyson is in bad shape too. I guess I wouldn't feel so bad if I hadn't paid so darn much for it. I have not tried to use attachments but I guess I should so I can see if she is any better with them. I guess I've been ignoring the fur tumbleweeds under the furniture far too long.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You got that right Goofy is the perfect expression and I love the term fur tumbleweeds!!! :ROFL: I've never heard that one before!

Buster hates the vacuum with a passion, it's become impossible to vacuum when he's around. I don't know which is worse the vacuum or the ironing board. Mortal enemies.

Try ray the toothbrush... I think it trumps them all. :laugh:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
That is so funny! Ruthie hates the vacuum. She attacks it and I have to put her in doggy jail when I used it. It's covered in teeth marks and she once even managed to pull off the front cover.

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston doesn't care about the vacuum, the problem is that he cares about laying in the way of the vacuum. It turns into a game of how many places can he lay to be in the path of the oncoming vacuum. He also loves to do this whenever I'm carrying anything heavy, doing laundry or trying to get from one room to the other. He has an absolute knack for it now and will just randomly come to a dead stop in a hallway and lean against my legs so I can't move.

He has now learned the phrase "MOVE!"

BoonDocks

Nov 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boon Docks
Boon Docks goes into attack mode too with the hose attachement. Deep barks as he's "attacking" but "tries" to stay just out of its reach. Sucking up his cheeks is my entertainment for the day.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
This is so funny! Gunny HATES the vacuum!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Indifferent - When I am just pushing aroud the vaccuum, Maggie just follows me around and watches. She moves out of it's way but is not afraid of it.

Hate - When I use the stick attachmenton the hose (to get all the dog fur tumbleweeds under the furniture) she goes into attack mode. It is so funny cuz she just watches for a bit (like she is trying to "fake out" the enemy) and then BAM, she attacks. She has had her tounge sucked into the end of the hose on more than one occasion..

Love - over the weekend, I was using the fuzzy brush thing that goes on the end of the hose to clean the ceiling fan. when I moved on to get into the sofa cusions, Maggie didn't feel like moving out of the way... so I started vaccuuming her.. (I have done this before with the other dogs. They don't like it, but they tolerate it. I know, it's weird.)... anyway, she didn't seem to mind it. yay! So then I sat on the floor and she came over to get vaccuumed.. HA HA!.. I though maybe she changed her mind about hating the vaccuum hose. So I tested her. I put the stick attachment back on it and, at first, she didn't seem bothered. She just sat next to me and watched as I pretended to vaccuum up stuff around her.. then WHAMO!! (her poor tounge).. So I took the stick attachment off and put the brush thingy back on and she immediatly sat on me to get some vaccuum luvin!..

Goofy dog!
Awe she loves here some vacuum brushin....I wish I could convince Sheldon that the vacuum wouldn't eat him like Maggie he follows me around and gets out of the way if it gets near him I have never tried the brush attachment...Hmmmmm Thank you for this post I'm gonna give it a try.

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I love this!!!! Jagger chases and barks at my rainbow when I have the floor attachment on. But I can put the soft brush on and I can vacuum him!!! He likes it. So, I thinks it's great :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.