Better food=less hungry?!?!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have to say my boys have turned into such piggies lately. I have always free fed them and they get their 3 scoops a day between them both and usually that lasts into the next day or sometimes a whole 2 days even without disappearing. I have always fed high quality foods so the change isnt that drastic but still..... I think there might be doggy crack in the fromm foods or something because my boys finish the bowl everyday now. I figured at first it was just the excitement of having new food but they have been on fromm now for a few months and still everyday the bowl is empty when I go to fill it back up. What is that about?!?! lmao. I guess they like it! (Not that there is any food they havent liked)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], I always free fed Vegas too, He got about 3- half cups a day plus bad treats, and he always had leftovers in his bowl with his old bad for him food, When I changed his food to Nature's Variety Grain free he INHALES every morsal!! He gets about 3 cups a day with good treats (yogurt, veggies, fruits) I am thinking of getting him a slow eat bowl he is eating it so fast. And believe me he KNOWS when it is time to eat, I feed him every night at 6, and he is sitting in the kitchen by his bowl waiting on me. If it is after 6 he has actually went into the kitchen and barked.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow that is funny! My boys dont inhale it all at once thankfully but they do eat a lot at a time and finish it within 8 hours or so which is unlike the 24-36 hours it used to take. Stuff MUST be really good I guess huh? :lol:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We put a dollop of yogurt on Gracie's morning cup of Fromm.... she reeeeeeeeally likes that.

Emmitt E

Nov 1, 2010
My little guy eats Fromm's also.

I was told to feed him half of the recommended portion? He inhales it and always seems ready for his next meal.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't think it makes them less hungry, but it does give them waaaay more for what they need for nutrition for the day. They love it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I :heart: FROMM ..... thankyou @Lindathedogsmaid who told me that I should change Maggie to the salmon formula!!!

I'm not sure that many of you would remember but in the time we've had Maggie she has always come down with MMM ... Masticatory Muscle Myositis ... it's when the bodys immune system no longer recognises the specific muscle tissue in the jaw and attacks it. Therefore the jaw tissue deteriorates and the jaw locks into place. It has happened every November since we got her despite MMM having no proven background to allergies etc. We switched her food to FROMM from Beneful (:eek:) very soon after finding this site and this is the first November without MMM. Damnit maybe I shoud actually start a new thread to celebrate this!!!!! Maybe I will ...LOL

However, right now I am big-time :luv: of the FROMM

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I will be switching to Fromm here soon. Orion's poor little face is so tear stained. Her eyes always have tears in them. I'm embarrassed to post photos and videos of her...it's so BAD. Soon. Real soon.

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
After reading this... im pretty sure were feeding Bacon too much.... He acts like hes starving and he scarfs down what we give him.... We have been feeding him Fromm Surf n' Turf, and im kinda embarrassed to say how much hes been getting lol. Do puppies usuallly need more food since they are growing? How much would u guys recommend to be feeding him? He is 23 weeks right now. He also drinks a TOOOOONNNNNNNNN TON TON of water... like he has no idea that hes full or that hes had enough...

Sorry for all these questions! Any info would be great :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=1190]Bacon[/MENTION] Probably about 3 cups a day for bacon. Once he is about 8 months old you can reduce it to about 2 cups a day.

Fromm contains a lot of protein, so you don't need to over feed him.... if he starts getting chubby after the age of 1-2 you can reduce to 1.5 cups a day.

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
ok I dont feel as bad now! we were giving him about 3.5 cups a day, half in the morning and half in the evening. :whew:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie get's two cups of Fromm a day. one cup in the morning with a tablespoon of yogurt and one cup in the evening. Some days she eats everything and some days she doesn't. She always eats some immediately when we put it in her bowl. But doesn't usually finish it all at once. She's maintained the same weight since we got her. She does seem to enjoy the Fromm better than the Bil Jac she was eating when we got her. She also has a lot less eye boogers now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.