Bulldog puppy may have landed in my lap....Feedback please!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Hmmmm... so you know, I was thinking of my next dog being a rescue...but this weekend at a family party, my uncle's girlfriend told me her daughter was thinking of selling her EBD puppy...she said her daughter was 'tired' of the dog and now the dog has gotten 'big'. WTH? She asked if I wanted to buy the dog from her daughter. They know I have Petunia and had Samson before that...so they know I am very familiar with the breed.

She bought the dog from a breeder for $1500 and I don't know if she is willing to sell the dog still for the same amount, but I am really disturbed about this.
I am tempted to just buy the dog because who knows how she will treat the poor thing. :( I gave her my number and told her to tell her daughter to call me before she did ANYTHING but I still have not heard from her.

Thoughts?

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
How old is the pup? When you say you wonder if she will sell for the same price, are you thinking she will be trying to make a profit off the dog? If anything, she should obviously ask for less than she paid. She sounds like a horrible dog mom and I really hope you can take the puppy and give it a better life!

OP
Valentine215

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
How old is the pup? When you say you wonder if she will sell for the same price, are you thinking she will be trying to make a profit off the dog? If anything, she should obviously ask for less than she paid. She sounds like a horrible dog mom and I really hope you can take the puppy and give it a better life!

Matt, I have no idea how old the pup is...All I know is that her name is Molly. I am worried that she will want to make a profit off of her. However, I am more worried that Molly will have a terrible life with people who don't give her the love and attention she deserves. Most breeders I know will BUY BACK the dog they sold you if you find you cannot keep them for whatever reason...but again, I don't know the particulars.

I really DO think I would take her...sight unseen!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
wow..can you imagine how many thousands of stories there are out there similar to this? they would have some nerve asking for that money or more back but I totally agree with you the biggest thing is getting it away from her and with someone who loves her. poor dog. Good luck!

OP
Valentine215

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
wow..can you imagine how many thousands of stories there are out there similar to this? they would have some nerve asking for that money or more back but I totally agree with you the biggest thing is getting it away from her and with someone who loves her. poor dog. Good luck!

Thanks Jimbo!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would do it in a heartbeat. Wow Petunia could have a sister!! You have a heart of gold to do something like this. If you can handle the costs I think it's a fantastic idea!

OP
Valentine215

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I would do it in a heartbeat. Wow Petunia could have a sister!! You have a heart of gold to do something like this. If you can handle the costs I think it's a fantastic idea!

Thanks Phil! I am really leaning towards it...just wondering if she will call me or if she has decided to be a good fur mommy and keep her girl....

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I'd get her....too big now, that's crazy. Too bad you didn't have her number.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would try to get her info and call and tell her you are serious about buying her dog. I think I would take the dog no matter what she asked just because i would not be able to sleep thinking the dog wasn't cared for. good luck

OP
Valentine215

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I'd get her....too big now, that's crazy. Too bad you didn't have her number.

i know! But I know her mom...and her mom is afraid of dogs and is really afraid of Petunia...Imagine! There never was a more gentle dog than my Petunia

OP
Valentine215

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I would try to get her info and call and tell her you are serious about buying her dog. I think I would take the dog no matter what she asked just because i would not be able to sleep thinking the dog wasn't cared for. good luck

I am seriously thinking about it...I need to know that she is being taken care of and if not...then I definitely want her!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Can you phone her mum and ask for that woman phone number? ;-))
That just get to prove my theory (or any sensible dog owner for that matter) -research the breed before deciding on the dog -puppies aint going to stay small for long.
I cant wait to hear the outcome

OP
Valentine215

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Can you phone her mum and ask for that woman phone number? ;-))
That just get to prove my theory (or any sensible dog owner for that matter) -research the breed before deciding on the dog -puppies aint going to stay small for long.
I cant wait to hear the outcome

yes Pati, I think I will get her number and call her...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.