How did you come up with your Bulldog's name?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
both of my females came to my family already named but my little male picked his own name :lol: I picked so many different names, Dozer, Tonka, Grizzly (Griz), Tatonka (means buffalo), Mac and he wouldn't respond or answer to any of them ... one night I was watching a movie with Vin Diesel in it and I called out "Diesel" and he turned looked at me with the cutest look on his face and came running, it was like he was thinking finally you called me the right name!! so that's how he picked his own name :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My husband kinda did. I love all things Blueberry, and have an obsession with Blueberry Muffins. So we named him after my favorite food :).
The other option was one of my favorite authors, Charles Bukowski. It was a toss-up, but Blue won.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
there is another thread in general bulldog talk called why did you name him that you may want to check out also but here is my story from there.

well my story is not as exciting. we had picked sarah up from his friend and she was in horrible shape. he drove and i rode with her on my lap as she weighed 27 pounds then. we were mulling over names as her name was angel but she didnt even know it. he said name her hope as she has hope now. i said yea thats pretty good. as i mulled over that name and i sat with her on my lap we bonded somewhat. she looked at me and i knew her name was sarah. didnt come from any family nothing just out of the air from her to me. her middle name is hope so he had a hand in her name to. and sarah hope was born on that car ride.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Bruin was named after Boston Bruins. :nhl: I decided that was going to be the name of whatever bulldog we got (unless he/she was just absolutely obviously another name), So Bruin's first and middle name is Bruin O'Reilly (after Terry O'Reilly of the Bruins) and Lilly...well it was just the name that my bf's daughter picked. I wanted Bruta :) Lilly was a little too 'flowery' for my taste. I usually call her Lilly Bear (and actually not b/c of the Bruins :) ) She looks like a little teddy bear to me :havemyheart:

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
My first Bully was named Samson el Torito de Sánchez. His unofficial name when we got him was "Goliath" because he was the biggest of the litter! My ex had already decided on 'Samson' because of his strength and 'el Torito' means 'Little Bull' in spanish and his last name was Sánchez and in Spain you are named for the house you come from: de XXXX (which is short for Casa de XXX=the house of XXX) so he became Samson el Torito de Sanchez= Samson the little Bull from the house of Sánchez.

Petunia Belle was named as such because she was beautiful, Belle is french for beautiful and Petunia after a restaurant (now closed) in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Best brunch in NOLA! My ex wanted to name her Delilah so we could have Samson and Delilah, but that was an ill-fated romance and I was so NOT going to name my girl that. What an idiot he was! LOL! Luckily I DID get the dogs in the divorce so I consider myself coming up on the winning end based on that alone. Haha!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online