How did you come up with your Bulldog's name?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hubby wanted a Brutus! I named our baby girl Chanel (pitbull) and told hubby next was his choice! He named Brutus from Popeye (Bruto but changed to Brutus) LOL

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko's father's name is Toivo (hope), his mothers name is Lempi (love) so Usko could only be Usko(faith).

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko's father's name is Toivo (hope), his mothers name is Lempi (love) so Usko could only be Usko(faith). His official name is Bridgeways Star Of Hope, that too after his dad, for looking the most like him from the puppys.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
My boyfriend's mechanical got his bully 2 weeks before us & when David went to visit Tito in the video he sent me he kept saying how Tubby he was and it just kinda of stuck for us hence Tubby.... His official name though is Duke Tubbington III. I thought he said have a regal name because of his British roots

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
When I was young I had best friend named Madison Pickle, she was from Leeds England. Her family always had bulldogs and I loved going over to play with them. The family had to return to England when we were in the sixth grade, and I always had fond memories of the Madison and her family.

I decided that I would have a EB named "Pickle" someday. I knew I wanted a female pup and I had the name picked out for years - Madison "Pickle".

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I had a huge struggle over what to name my bully girl. I knew she was white, and I just happened to be reading a book that had a white bully named Matilda right before getting her... and that Matilda was just so adorable, my Matilda is named after her :)

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Pretty agonizing for us. We didn't Remi for like a whole week. He was just puppy <lastname> for a while.

For me, it was a tie between:

Miles
Sir Emerson (Emi)
Sir Remington. (remi)

My husband was super picky. The nickname really sealed the deal. I don't think there was anyway in hell he was going to call his bulldog Emi

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I didn't name any of mine, all 3 came with a name when we adopted them and didn't have the heart to change them! I do have a name for when I (someday) get a male puppy, I have always wanted to name my male bully "Bruce Wayne"...I'm just a huge batman fan!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
the name is half the fun!!! my wife and i are disney/disneyland lovers so by default our first dog was name Buzz, as in Buzz Lightyear. our next little guy is going to be named Dug, the nice dog from the movie UP.... we get our influence from cartoons.

Me too! At one time I had give geckos all with land before time names, my hamster was stitch, my cat is nemo and I really wanted to name my ebd either ursula or bruce but he came already named and too old to change it! So that's what the next one will be instead ;-)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We are hockey fans. :nhl: I really liked the name Goalie, but my son said the name Wayne. Then in unison we all said "Gretzky!"

we always say our skin kids will be named sidney and jordan, make or female. we are from pittsburgh if you didn't follow:)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Mac is named after his breeder's kennel, I thought it would be a nice thank you for such a wonderful little bully boy. He's Big's Mac Attack!
Cleo is named after Cleopatra and is really Rubi Cleopatra's Unforgeta-bull Kiss. The Rubi is short for Rubicon, as in Caesar's point of no return Rubicon crossing. Hubby has always been 'it' for me since we were teenagers and it was like that for our Cleo as well. We saw her picture and said that's her, if she's not available we don't want any other, just her. We just fell in love with her at first glance, here's the pic we fell in love with
jessie puppies 087.jpg

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Mac is named after his breeder's kennel, I thought it would be a nice thank you for such a wonderful little bully boy. He's Big's Mac Attack!
Cleo is named after Cleopatra and is really Rubi Cleopatra's Unforgeta-bull Kiss. The Rubi is short for Rubicon, as in Caesar's point of no return Rubicon crossing. Hubby has always been 'it' for me since we were teenagers and it was like that for our Cleo as well. We saw her picture and said that's her, if she's not available we don't want any other, just her. We just fell in love with her at first glance, here's the pic we fell in love with
View attachment 38394

Omg that is the cutest picture I think I've ever seen! She is/was so precious!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions