How did you come up with your Bulldog's name?

zaina

Apr 2, 2010
london, england
Bulldog(s) Names
millie
my english bulldogs name is Millie, i didn't name her tho. i got her when she was 14 mths old she is now 2yrs 1 mth old, i can only believe her name was taken from her kennel club pedigree name 'my marvelous Millie'. she is the best dog and i love her to bits! we are so lucky she is part of our family!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327638502.053556.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327638502.053556.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 81

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We didnt name our boy Cutty since we got him from the breeder at 9 months. His name is Cutty Sark Neat and we didnt feel good about changing it at that point so we just stuck with Cutty. ;) Was cute anyhow I thought.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
We wanted a distinguished old man name.. so we were thinking either Winston, Chester, or Harry... we figured we would know when we saw him...sure enough...we saw him and I thought "he's a Chester"..and my daughter said out loud "He looks like a Chester"..so Chester it is! :-)

kavrno

Mar 7, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
We named our dog Jiggs after the very first Little Rascals dog General Grant, nicknamed Jiggs. There is controversy on whether or not Petey was the first Little Rascals dog........... http://www.roadsideamerica.com/pet/petey.html
It seemed like a great Bulldog name and one you don't hear very often.

Our female is Roxie Doo, we were tossing out names on the way home from picking her up and Roxie seemed to fit her the best.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I named my little girl after the makeup my mother used when she was alive. My dogs name is Princess Alberta Barkghesi...a take on princess marcella borghesi

Attachments

• bertha eating snow.jpg
    bertha eating snow.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Arnold posing.jpg
    Arnold posing.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 66

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When we were talking about different male dog names Samson just fit. I looked in his face and it just seemed so perfect. I really wanted Brutus because I just think that is an AWESOME name for a male English Bulldog but my boyfriend didn't like it. Oh well, in the end Samson turned out to fit him like a glove.

chubstyle1

Mar 15, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell, aka- Chubstyle, Stinkerball, & Big Love to name a few
Im a Disney lover as well and my oldest son at the time had just turned one so they were lil tv movie buddies :) Anyway she was just so cute and into everything I figured Tinkerbell was suitable!

shelby0824

Apr 11, 2010
Bubba

When I got Bubba I wanted him to be friendly, and didn't want people to be afraid of him as an adult. Bubba seemed like a friendly, non-scary name name. As it has turned out he is very friendly.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I think Bubba is such an awesome bulldog name. That is one of my nicknames for Samson.

Attachments

• IMAG0362.jpg
    IMAG0362.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMAG0356.jpg
    IMAG0356.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0358.jpg
    IMAG0358.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0359.jpg
    IMAG0359.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9344.jpg
    IMG_9344.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6158.jpg
    IMG_6158.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0739.jpg
    IMAG0739.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 51

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have two bulldogs. Vegas is 2 and 1/2 and we got his name from my brother-in-law. I wanted something big and bad like "Capone" my husband wanted "Maximus". We couldn't agree, so it was suggested to us "Vegas". So, we had the bulldog's name, now we just needed the bulldog. Vegas came from a kennel by the name "Addicted 2 bulldogs". So, when we adopted Vegas, his legal name became "Addicted 2 Vegas".
Orion is our little girl. She is everything that Vegas isn't. She is mouthy. She is daring. She is fearless. She doesn't give up. She's a fighter. We had the name picked out first, then the puppies were born. One girl and one boy. The boy was our pick, but he passed away after 36 hours. He was given the name "Tripoli" and buried with full military honors. When asked if we would take the girl, we agreed and stuck with the name Orion. Orion is one of the largest, most conspicuous and most recognizable constellations in the night sky. Big and bold.........and out there. That's our Orion.

Last edited:
May 18, 2010
NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Griffin, Gracie, and Sugar
Griffin's name comes from my husband's old battalion the Golden Griffins....Gracie I just love that name...Sugar came with her name, which fits her....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 55
OP
Bulldogg

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Click on "My Profile" at the top right side of the page. When you see your profile box, look for a small pencil to the right of your name. You can edit your profile from there. :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I wanted a bulldog for the past 10 years, and I always said if I ever get a bulldog, I want a male and his name is going to be Bulldozer, Dozer for short. When I finally decided it was time to get a bulldog, and we went to the breeders house on The Friday before Mothers Day to look at Dozer, they had two pups left a male and a female. We spent about an hour playing on the kitchen floor with the pups, and I fell in love with Dozer, I decided I wanted him, but my husband kept gravitating to his sister, and saying look how cute she is, look she's all white, she's so sweet. I told him I came for a male and I wanted a male and that I had wanted a male named Dozer for forever. We paid for him, and we were to come back on Sunday to pick him up, when we came back, the breeder brought up both dogs, and started to pack them up, I said I wanted the male, and he looked at me and said I thought you wanted both?? I was confused lol. Apparently my husband had phoned the breeder and asked if the female was still available, and said he wanted both. I thought he was crazy, 2 bulldog puppies? He said we cant t leave her here alone, and she is super cute, and so we brought both home. We didn't have a girl name, and my son was trying to pick names with themes, so everyone started giving suggestions, like Elvis and Priscilla, Rocky and Adrienne, Jagger and Bianca, my son liked Rocky and Roxy, but I stood my ground on Bulldozer, and we almost named her Roxie, but then I started thinking of names I liked, I had Ladybug, Chloe, Charlotte ( but that is my nieces name, so I didn't think my brother would appreciate that lol), Zoey, then I started thinking of "B" names, and Blossom came up, and everyone liked it, it was cute like her, it was different, and it suited her, so we started calling her Awesome Blossom. My husband asks me all the time now, if I would have chosen Blossom instead, if I knew her now. I tell him, I had my heart set on a male, so probably wouldn't have considered her at that time, but now that I know them both, I wouldn't be able to choose, because they are both so sweet, gentle, and they have such different personalities, I love them both, and they are both the greatest dogs ever, such cuddle muffins.

Last edited:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Roger has wanted a bulldog since he was 10 (he's 28 now) n always said when he got one its name would be Porkchop!!! Not even knowing if the photo we saw was a girl or boy we already started calling "it" Porkchop lol but it suits her so well we call her porky n she is a chunker soooo lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.