Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
As you can see from my avatar, I am not one to talk you OUT of getting another pup! It actually all depends on you-are you ready to start the potty training again? Are you willing to spend double on food, vet, any emergencies, etc.? Is your Tyson doggie friendly-how would he like a pup "bugging " him. If he likes other dogs, he will have a lot of fun playing with the pup! He will get exercise for sure! But so will you,,,do you have a back yard-or do you have to walk your dog(dogs?) It is double the fun-but it is double the work, too-especially when potty training....if you can deal with it all-I say go for it!!! They will keep each other company,too-or get into trouble together!!!!!:yes:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
In my humble opinion Rod, you yourself have to weigh the options, Twice, The Medical, Twice the Food, Twice the Love, I'm sure they would get along great, that's not really an issue. My Rocky had periods before Rambo when he acted lonely at times, Now that I have Rambo, He also still has times of being bored, Other times, they play together so well. I took on Rambo solely for the reason he needed a home, I couldn't imagine him waking up homeless one day. My goal was to give him a great home, lots of Love, and fair treatment, and thats what i've accomplished so far. I'm looking at Rambo right now at the foot of my recliner, and Rocky is outside on the patio taking in the kewl air. Thinking Tyson will still have periods of time he acts bored, or is a loner, if not I would see him as finding toys to play with or sleeping because he's worn out. Personally, and this is just my opinion, I wouldn't take on another baby, unless you had different reason. They will keep each other company, they will be like brothers and sisters, but they will at times want to escape even the constant companionship, it's all in their makeup. again thats just my opinion, If I found one needing a home, abused, owner unable to care for.... anything of that nature, I'd open the door in a second, the key to this event is keeping Tyson socialized, and not secluded.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Bigrod48 you're not alone, I too wonder the same question, I was going to ask someone to post a daily poll, to see how many have just one or more. My gf and I got our pups the same time, hers is a pug, and she just got a second. Too soon to see the benefits, except the constant companionship. Good luck in your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I too am not the person to talk you out of getting another. Jagger was so excited when I brought Ellie home. Granted she was already a year old, so I didn't have to go through potty training. Jagger was so happy his butt wiggled for a week I think. Ellie came from a bad situation, it took her a while to not be scared and confused. Now they are inseperable. It has helped Ellie with being more social and less anxious to have Jagger there. Jagger is well rounded. But trust me, they LOVE getting in trouble together. It is their favorite past time :)
And like others have said do be prepared for twice the food, medical bills, etc. But in return will get twice the love and enjoyment out of seeing them together, how much character they have and how animated bulldogs really are.
My two run me ragged on a daily basis and drain my bank account quickly, but I wouldn't trade them for the world and wouldn't have it any other way.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Since I have two and would have more if my girl was less dominate/accepting, my first response is --- do you have the time and finances to take on a second? When we got our first, Bulldog we immediately knew we would get a second and called the breeder to be placed on the list for later that year. Time and finances were not the issue for us... what it turned out to be, was lack of dog behavior knowledge. Our boy was very sweet, adaptable and laid back overall extremely easy going. When we selected our second, a girl, well, we did it via a cute adorable picture thinking she would be just like him and they would get along/blend well. In most cases,they just fall into place with each other when it is a puppy, but since we had no clue about dominance and how to address it, our 'sweet' puppy turned into a terror for our boy.

My point is, be sure you have the time, money and knowledge to handle two cause they may not just fall in love with each other.
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] @vikingirl can also give some insight on having two as others already have you some good info too.

mandymae7

Oct 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yoshi, Serenity, Cornbread, SunnyMae and Sugar
I agree with everyone else; definitely weigh everything out before deciding. When we got our first fur-baby, I felt bad that she was lonely....3 years later we have a total of 10 fur-babies - of which 5 are bulldogs. Bulldogs are sooooooooo addictive.....can't have just one! So far, ours get a long well. Our first bulldog was a male and when he was almost a year old we found a 3 year old female that we bought to get her the heck out of the horrible conditions she was in; we couldn't leave without her. When we brought her home, our Yoshi was IN LOVE!!!!!! They were absolutely, 100%, inseparable and they still are! She just had a litter of babies and the last week of her pregnancy we separated them and both mommy and daddy went through horrible stress....Yoshi lost a ton of hair and was shaking like crazy and crying to be with her...she lost lots of hair and it stressed her too....I felt so bad but Yoshi is such a tank that there's no way he could have been around the babies. Mommy adjusted well as soon as her babies arrived because she was so worried about keeping everyone away from them that she forgot how much she missed daddy. Our other ones get along great so far but they are still young. I know we will have to separate our boys because when the younger one starts getting his hormones going they will fight and that's never pretty. Even if they are fixed, it could be an issue. In my personal opinion, if you do decide to get another one, I think one of the opposite gender would make a better friend...although that's not always the case, it's been our luck with all of our dogs. Best wishes on whichever option you decide!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=7694]bigrod48[/MENTION], have you considered looking into the bulldog rescues and perhaps adopting an older bully?

I think my two boys deeply do love one another though they don't always get along; Finn is rather tempermental and more dominant, while Tate is totally laid back and so easy going. There are times however where i'll see them sleeping very close to one another and wrestling/playing together, and i love the fact that they keep each other company during the day while i work. But definitely figure out if you have the time, dedication, finances to have an addition to your family before making your final decision.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.