Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I am trying. My heart just hurts for the old girl. How could she not care about a dog she has had over 10 years.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beth, recently in the last month, I was dating a lady, who explicitly told me, she felt I cared more about my boys than I did her..... lol, that was my first warning sign of Jealousy, But then made mention she didn't have dogs for a reason, again I bit my lip..... Finally after she called and asked why I didn't ask her out again, I told her, I have two young boys, they are my responsibility, and they were more children than most children, and her referring to them as DOGS, and with the jealousy she used in her frustrating remarks, I didn't see any sense in going further..... She quickly changed her tune, however, "From the Mouth, The Heart Speaks" Either I'm with them, or my daughter is checking on them, either way, like I believe you were trying to say, Theirs a major difference in putting up a front of actually caring for your pet and actually doing so. Sadly, pets are used for different reasons, and I don't understand why..... My two boys are my heart.

Oh my she definitely wouldn't get a call back had it been me. I think once you see how a person treats children and animals then there is no going back.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Beth, recently in the last month, I was dating a lady, who explicitly told me, she felt I cared more about my boys than I did her..... lol, that was my first warning sign of Jealousy, But then made mention she didn't have dogs for a reason, again I bit my lip..... Finally after she called and asked why I didn't ask her out again, I told her, I have two young boys, they are my responsibility, and they were more children than most children, and her referring to them as DOGS, and with the jealousy she used in her frustrating remarks, I didn't see any sense in going further..... She quickly changed her tune, however, "From the Mouth, The Heart Speaks" Either I'm with them, or my daughter is checking on them, either way, like I believe you were trying to say, Theirs a major difference in putting up a front of actually caring for your pet and actually doing so. Sadly, pets are used for different reasons, and I don't understand why..... My two boys are my heart.

:bravo: Well said and excellent that you picked up on that so fast.

i actually know someone that go divorced for just that reason.... Hubby said, the 'dogs' mean more to you than me.
--- she said you are right! She said once he referred to them as dogs she knew they were done and left him

B

Baxter Tiberius

Normally I leave Raven's and the cat's food and water down all day and they graze as they see fit.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Wanted to ask about this. I have always been told never to leave unlimited amounts of food out for dogs because they will eat until they are unhealthily-obese. How do you leave out food? If I put food down - even in mass quantities, Baxter will devour it all to the point that he may even throw up after. He doesn't stop. Then again, I've never put it out in mass quantities. Im just basing this on times where I gave him a lot in one setting.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sorry to hijack the thread. Wanted to ask about this. I have always been told never to leave unlimited amounts of food out for dogs because they will eat until they are unhealthily-obese. How do you leave out food? If I put food down - even in mass quantities, Baxter will devour it all to the point that he may even throw up after. He doesn't stop. Then again, I've never put it out in mass quantities. Im just basing this on times where I gave him a lot in one setting.

I think you have to gauge each pup individually. I have three babies. Two labs and Brutus. My labs I could leave their food all day and they would graze on it. Brutus on the other hand gets fed twice a day portioned out because he would eat until he vomits. Some are grazers and some are woofers.

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I would be ranting also. I have never left Jagger and Ellie with anyone but my Mom and husband (my husband is a terrible bulldog babysitter). I leave specific instructions on the board in my office for each one and call or text a couple time to make sure everything is ok. But I've never left for more than a night or two. Guess I'm a Momma bear and like things done my way and worry about them way too much.
Just shows that you are a caring sitter and owner.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Raven eats 1 1/2 cup of dry and a 1/3 a can of wet food. I will just put that down. Nothing more. She eats that through out the day. You have to know essentially what they are supposed to eat and not put more. She gets some veggies or pieces of fruits here and there as well. Try putting his food in a slow eat bowl to help. When we got Raven as a pup she was on eukanuba and ate like she was a vacuum. Once we changed her to the grain less stuff since it is higher in protein she needs a whole lot less to fill her.

B

Baxter Tiberius

I can't tell if Baxter is just hungry or has no self control ... lol

If I put one cup down ... i dont care what food it is ... or how much protein ... its gone.

Today I have put down nearly 1lb of food before noon ... in small amounts ... and its gone.

Only halfway through the day at that point.

1lb of food is a lot of food.... and he's skinny as a bone.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I can't tell if Baxter is just hungry or has no self control ... lol

If I put one cup down ... i dont care what food it is ... or how much protein ... its gone.

Today I have put down nearly 1lb of food before noon ... in small amounts ... and its gone.

Only halfway through the day at that point.

1lb of food is a lot of food.... and he's skinny as a bone.

How old is he? Remember they will eat their weight in food if you let them. Follow the feeding guidelines and don't give more than that. I would use the slow feed ball or bowl. That taught Rave to take her time and once she learned to slow down it also helped a great deal in terms of how much she ate. What are you feeding Bax?

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Wow…how could you not even care or think to check in to see how your bully is doing? That is awful. People like that shouldn't have bullies in my opinion - when I got Brynnlee I couldn't and still can't understand how someone can just give their dog away after 6 years without even checking in to learn more about me. Granted I know I can take care of her, but if it were me giving my dog away, which I wouldn't, I would want to know they are going to a good home. But, nope Brynn was gaven to me and I barley heard anything back about how she was doing. I do not understand people.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww, shame:( I'm stressing leaving my furkids with my husband even:ashamed:, I don't give him peace about anything, nagging him about what he must and must not do. He thinks I'm crazy, lol. I left my bullies once when I went home to visit my parents in Sweden, we had my husbands friend and his wife looking after them at our house, they lived there with them for 12 days. I was a mess the whole trip, sending them emails asking how they were doing. I got replies they did very well but when we got home, Boeboe was limping, had some strange rash on her back and they were all SO dirty I could barely recognize them. And I found out about a month later they'd let Bennie sleep OUTSIDE!!! I almost died, if they would have been in my reach at that time I would have flippin' gone CRAZY on their asses. I had written a two page instruction letter and had little notes all over the house. They know how much they mean to me but they apparently didn't understand fully that they are my children. I'm waiting for the day they ask me to babysit... I will NEVER leave them again EVER unless I'm totally sure they'll be taken care off.

Cant you keep her?:*(:heart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.