Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Aww poor girl! Our bully is on the couch, chair and bed constantly, she doesnt believe in sleeping anywhere a human wouldnt sleep/sit. And we allow it! lol I cant stand messes at my house so i am always cleaning when im not at work. I guess its because my husband doesnt allow messes. He doesnt understand with animals and kids, its normal... so i get in trouble if things dont get done daily. We have never sent Betty to a bullysitter ever... we are boring and dont do much besides work lol I guess if we ever needed a bullysitter, i would leave detailed instructions... Bullys are complicated personalities. they are all extremely different from eachother, just because you already own a bully doesnt mean you know everything about theirs! jeesh

Melanie you hit it on the head. These dogs are just like people with their individual quirks and likes/dislikes. I had to remind them to give any and everything that would make her feel comfortable and they still forgot to give me her bowls. I am glad she wasn't too fussy and actually ate from the second set that I keep for Raven. I have heard of some bullies that are OCD and have to have their stuff just right.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That poor baby, they probably don't even give her any attention at home. So sad.

That dog has been through a lot of changes. She is an almost 11 year old bully that grew up in the nice sun in FL. Her mamma met hubbys friend and she moved up here to NY. In Fl she was allowed on the bed and rugs, not sure about the sofas. Here in NY she is no longer allowed on the bed, furniture or rugs. She also has to contend with her mommy having a four month old skin baby and wanting to run back and forth to FL all the time. So that is going to mean a lot of kenneling for her on top of all the cold weather up here.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby, she must be missing her family, and so sad that they aren't giving her a second thought. When we went to Jamaica last April we boarded our babies, and I like and trust where they were, but I still worried, and I called to check in with the staff, they will put the phone to your babies ears and let them listen to your voice. Plus my daughter works very close to the place, and she went there with my Grandson and played with them and checked on them, and I spoke to her everyday in the evenings. How can you just leave and go away and not even think about or phone to see how your dog is doing? Very irresponsible, and heartless.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Monica we went on vacation last year and I got my sister to housesit/bullysit. We called home every day even though we were paying a heck of a lot in roaming charges to check on her and had my sister put the phone to her ear as well. I just don't get people sometimes.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
That poor baby, that is awful. Most of the time Winston is with me no matter where I go but the couple times he hasn't been I worry & call constantly lol!! He is my baby. At least she is in great hands with you!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We went away for a week in August and we had family watch Brutus. Someone was here all the time. I left explicit instruction right down to how to take him out to potty. I face timed him while we were away. And even with doing all that, he was acting off when we got back so the vet came for a check and believe it or not, Brutus missed us so bad he made himself sick. No more vacations for us with out the baby.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I feel so bad for this poor baby. What are they thinking. I had to board Dudley last week from Thursday night until Saturday morning. I called to check on him. And, I left explicit written instructions for his feeding and walking -- and I board him at his vet's! They spoil him something rotten there too...he loves it! I don't do it often, but he is so excited when we get there he runs up the steps! She may not want to leave you when her family returns!

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I just don't understand how they could be that way. We have stopped taking trips as often since we got the fur babies. When we do leave them at a friends, it's a house they regularly visit with doggie friends, I leave printed out instructions and call to check on them. I miss them so much, I really don't want to leave them anymore.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Monica we went on vacation last year and I got my sister to housesit/bullysit. We called home every day even though we were paying a heck of a lot in roaming charges to check on her and had my sister put the phone to her ear as well. I just don't get people sometimes.

This is what we do to, if the pups can't go with us. My sister comes her to stay and I leave a page of instructions for each pup and check in everyday while gone.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We housesat and doggysat 2 bulldogs just last week too. Their parents wanted to meet us to see how my bf and I are, they asked questions, I asked questions, and they even wanted their 2 to sleepover at our place for a night so we can see how they are with our boys. When they were on vacay, we exchanged more emails plus I regularly sent them videos of the kiddos playing and having a good time so they know that they're being taken care of.

When they came home they told us that they had peace of mind knowing that my bf and I were looking after them, seeing they don't really have and trust anyone else. I loved how they care so much! My bf and I would be the same way if we had to leave the boys for a long period of time.

Last edited:
OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well we have had her here four days now and not a peep from them since I bombarded her with texts asking how much her baby normally ate. I am so pissed I could spit nails :-(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well we have had her here four days now and not a peep from them since I bombarded her with texts asking how much her baby normally ate. I am so pissed I could spit nails :-(

You have GOT to be kidding me!!! WTH?!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nope not kidding one bit. Very sad for her. Well at least she had a nice day. She was outside in this nice weather and got to play with my elderly neighbor as well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

BREATHE. ....

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I just don't get it. I guess out of sight out of mind for her. When we brought her home she was just sitting and crying. I had told them to try and bring her by a few times before they had to leave her that way she would get used to my house. The only place she will go is into our basement. I figured that is because when they came over that one time for the quick visit that is where I had gone to get some laundry so it was where she and her owner had also followed me. I tried to get her to go all over the house with me but no way no how. Makes me sad because I have no intention of keeping her in one area. My house is an open land to the pets. At least the basement is finished and comfy so she should be ok.

Beth, recently in the last month, I was dating a lady, who explicitly told me, she felt I cared more about my boys than I did her..... lol, that was my first warning sign of Jealousy, But then made mention she didn't have dogs for a reason, again I bit my lip..... Finally after she called and asked why I didn't ask her out again, I told her, I have two young boys, they are my responsibility, and they were more children than most children, and her referring to them as DOGS, and with the jealousy she used in her frustrating remarks, I didn't see any sense in going further..... She quickly changed her tune, however, "From the Mouth, The Heart Speaks" Either I'm with them, or my daughter is checking on them, either way, like I believe you were trying to say, Theirs a major difference in putting up a front of actually caring for your pet and actually doing so. Sadly, pets are used for different reasons, and I don't understand why..... My two boys are my heart.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.