Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bullysitting rant/vent

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread. Wanted to ask about this. I have always been told never to leave unlimited amounts of food out for dogs because they will eat until they are unhealthily-obese. How do you leave out food? If I put food down - even in mass quantities, Baxter will devour it all to the point that he may even throw up after. He doesn't stop. Then again, I've never put it out in mass quantities. Im just basing this on times where I gave him a lot in one setting.
    Raven eats 1 1/2 cup of dry and a 1/3 a can of wet food. I will just put that down. Nothing more. She eats that through out the day. You have to know essentially what they are supposed to eat and not put more. She gets some veggies or pieces of fruits here and there as well. Try putting his food in a slow eat bowl to help. When we got Raven as a pup she was on eukanuba and ate like she was a vacuum. Once we changed her to the grain less stuff since it is higher in protein she needs a whole lot less to fill her.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Baxter Tiberius

I can't tell if Baxter is just hungry or has no self control ... lol

If I put one cup down ... i dont care what food it is ... or how much protein ... its gone.

Today I have put down nearly 1lb of food before noon ... in small amounts ... and its gone.

Only halfway through the day at that point.

1lb of food is a lot of food.... and he's skinny as a bone.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    I can't tell if Baxter is just hungry or has no self control ... lol

If I put one cup down ... i dont care what food it is ... or how much protein ... its gone.

Today I have put down nearly 1lb of food before noon ... in small amounts ... and its gone.

Only halfway through the day at that point.

1lb of food is a lot of food.... and he's skinny as a bone.
    How old is he? Remember they will eat their weight in food if you let them. Follow the feeding guidelines and don't give more than that. I would use the slow feed ball or bowl. That taught Rave to take her time and once she learned to slow down it also helped a great deal in terms of how much she ate. What are you feeding Bax?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)

Wow…how could you not even care or think to check in to see how your bully is doing? That is awful. People like that shouldn't have bullies in my opinion - when I got Brynnlee I couldn't and still can't understand how someone can just give their dog away after 6 years without even checking in to learn more about me. Granted I know I can take care of her, but if it were me giving my dog away, which I wouldn't, I would want to know they are going to a good home. But, nope Brynn was gaven to me and I barley heard anything back about how she was doing. I do not understand people.

Whoever said diamonds were a girl's best friend has never owned a bulldog <3

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Aww, shame I'm stressing leaving my furkids with my husband even, I don't give him peace about anything, nagging him about what he must and must not do. He thinks I'm crazy, lol. I left my bullies once when I went home to visit my parents in Sweden, we had my husbands friend and his wife looking after them at our house, they lived there with them for 12 days. I was a mess the whole trip, sending them emails asking how they were doing. I got replies they did very well but when we got home, Boeboe was limping, had some strange rash on her back and they were all SO dirty I could barely recognize them. And I found out about a month later they'd let Bennie sleep OUTSIDE!!! I almost died, if they would have been in my reach at that time I would have flippin' gone CRAZY on their asses. I had written a two page instruction letter and had little notes all over the house. They know how much they mean to me but they apparently didn't understand fully that they are my children. I'm waiting for the day they ask me to babysit... I will NEVER leave them again EVER unless I'm totally sure they'll be taken care off.

Cant you keep her?
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads