The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bullysitting rant/vent

We housesat and doggysat 2 bulldogs just last week too. Their parents wanted to meet us to see how my bf and I are, they asked questions, I asked questions, and they even wanted their 2 to sleepover at our place for a night so we can see how they are with our boys. When they were on vacay, we exchanged more emails plus I regularly sent them videos of the kiddos playing and having a good time so they know that they're being taken care of.

When they came home they told us that they had peace of mind knowing that my bf and I were looking after them, seeing they don't really have and trust anyone else. I loved how they care so much! My bf and I would be the same way if we had to leave the boys for a long period of time.
    Last edited by savemejeebus; 11-02-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Well we have had her here four days now and not a peep from them since I bombarded her with texts asking how much her baby normally ate. I am so pissed I could spit nails :-(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    Well we have had her here four days now and not a peep from them since I bombarded her with texts asking how much her baby normally ate. I am so pissed I could spit nails :-(

You have GOT to be kidding me!!! WTH?!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Nope not kidding one bit. Very sad for her. Well at least she had a nice day. She was outside in this nice weather and got to play with my elderly neighbor as well.

Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

BREATHE. ....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

I just don't get it. I guess out of sight out of mind for her. When we brought her home she was just sitting and crying. I had told them to try and bring her by a few times before they had to leave her that way she would get used to my house. The only place she will go is into our basement. I figured that is because when they came over that one time for the quick visit that is where I had gone to get some laundry so it was where she and her owner had also followed me. I tried to get her to go all over the house with me but no way no how. Makes me sad because I have no intention of keeping her in one area. My house is an open land to the pets. At least the basement is finished and comfy so she should be ok.
    Beth, recently in the last month, I was dating a lady, who explicitly told me, she felt I cared more about my boys than I did her..... lol, that was my first warning sign of Jealousy, But then made mention she didn't have dogs for a reason, again I bit my lip..... Finally after she called and asked why I didn't ask her out again, I told her, I have two young boys, they are my responsibility, and they were more children than most children, and her referring to them as DOGS, and with the jealousy she used in her frustrating remarks, I didn't see any sense in going further..... She quickly changed her tune, however, "From the Mouth, The Heart Speaks" Either I'm with them, or my daughter is checking on them, either way, like I believe you were trying to say, Theirs a major difference in putting up a front of actually caring for your pet and actually doing so. Sadly, pets are used for different reasons, and I don't understand why..... My two boys are my heart.

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I am trying. My heart just hurts for the old girl. How could she not care about a dog she has had over 10 years.

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Beth, recently in the last month, I was dating a lady, who explicitly told me, she felt I cared more about my boys than I did her..... lol, that was my first warning sign of Jealousy, But then made mention she didn't have dogs for a reason, again I bit my lip..... Finally after she called and asked why I didn't ask her out again, I told her, I have two young boys, they are my responsibility, and they were more children than most children, and her referring to them as DOGS, and with the jealousy she used in her frustrating remarks, I didn't see any sense in going further..... She quickly changed her tune, however, "From the Mouth, The Heart Speaks" Either I'm with them, or my daughter is checking on them, either way, like I believe you were trying to say, Theirs a major difference in putting up a front of actually caring for your pet and actually doing so. Sadly, pets are used for different reasons, and I don't understand why..... My two boys are my heart.
    Oh my she definitely wouldn't get a call back had it been me. I think once you see how a person treats children and animals then there is no going back.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post

Well said and excellent that you picked up on that so fast.

i actually know someone that go divorced for just that reason.... Hubby said, the 'dogs' mean more to you than me.
    --- she said you are right! She said once he referred to them as dogs she knew they were done and left him
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Baxter Tiberius

Normally I leave Raven's and the cat's food and water down all day and they graze as they see fit.
    Sorry to hijack the thread. Wanted to ask about this. I have always been told never to leave unlimited amounts of food out for dogs because they will eat until they are unhealthily-obese. How do you leave out food? If I put food down - even in mass quantities, Baxter will devour it all to the point that he may even throw up after. He doesn't stop. Then again, I've never put it out in mass quantities. Im just basing this on times where I gave him a lot in one setting.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread. Wanted to ask about this. I have always been told never to leave unlimited amounts of food out for dogs because they will eat until they are unhealthily-obese. How do you leave out food? If I put food down - even in mass quantities, Baxter will devour it all to the point that he may even throw up after. He doesn't stop. Then again, I've never put it out in mass quantities. Im just basing this on times where I gave him a lot in one setting.
    I think you have to gauge each pup individually. I have three babies. Two labs and Brutus. My labs I could leave their food all day and they would graze on it. Brutus on the other hand gets fed twice a day portioned out because he would eat until he vomits. Some are grazers and some are woofers.

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

I would be ranting also. I have never left Jagger and Ellie with anyone but my Mom and husband (my husband is a terrible bulldog babysitter). I leave specific instructions on the board in my office for each one and call or text a couple time to make sure everything is ok. But I've never left for more than a night or two. Guess I'm a Momma bear and like things done my way and worry about them way too much.
    Just shows that you are a caring sitter and owner.
    Jennye

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads