Bullysitting rant/vent

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Ok so hubby's friend and his girlfriend have a 10 year old female bully. I got suckered into bullysitting her so they could go to FL...don't mind bullysitting the old gal but pissed at other things. First off I was told that they needed me to bullysit her from Wed to Sunday. When we go pick her up hubby's friend says that they will see us Tuesday night...umm what happened to Sunday? In prior conversations I was also never told that she is food and water aggressive. Normally I leave Raven's and the cat's food and water down all day and they graze as they see fit. We ended up having to go pick her up because they were running behind. They gave me all her stuff yet never bother to tell me how much she eats. Ooh here is the thing that bothers me the most...not once since they left Wed have they even texted me to ask how she was. I had to text the chick twice to find out just how much her baby eats. How can someone have a dog for that long and not worry. This is the first time they ever left her with us. Matter of fact I had to force her to at least come by the day before with the dog so she could get used to Raven and April (our cat). I feel like they didn't care and were just happy to run off.

Sorry for the rant but I know when I left my baby for the day with my dad to go to Dorney Park with my kids I called my dad twice to see how she was and I gave him explicit instructions of her likes/dislikes and her feeding habits/schedule. It makes me mad that they aren't even thinking about the little old gal.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I just ranted something similar yesterday LOL. People are careless and don't think of their pets like family.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just don't get it. I guess out of sight out of mind for her. When we brought her home she was just sitting and crying. I had told them to try and bring her by a few times before they had to leave her that way she would get used to my house. The only place she will go is into our basement. I figured that is because when they came over that one time for the quick visit that is where I had gone to get some laundry so it was where she and her owner had also followed me. I tried to get her to go all over the house with me but no way no how. Makes me sad because I have no intention of keeping her in one area. My house is an open land to the pets. At least the basement is finished and comfy so she should be ok.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I'd be pissed too! They are like children, how could you not call to see how she's doing.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lynn even just send a text or something.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good grief... some people?!! When I leave my dogs, they are usually sat by my good friend (who happens to be a vet tech) anyhoo I always type out food instructions, phone numbers, etc... so that way if I forgot to mention something she will have it right with her to reference. I always call/text daily to see how things are going... I'm surprised that bully has lived to be 10 years old!!!

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tracey me too. I guess partying in FL is more important than the well being of her little senior citizen. I feel so bad when I look at her because she puts the saddest face. At least she is comfy. In my house she is allowed on the rugs and stuff. The basement is where my eldest daughter has made her new bedroom so there is a nice plus shag type rug down there. The dog was shocked when I let her lay on it. In their house, she is not allowed on the furniture or the area rugs. Pssh I don't buy anything that isn't kid friendly. I have a house with animals and children so it all has to be comfy and easy to clean.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Tracey me too. I guess partying in FL is more important than the well being of her little senior citizen. I feel so bad when I look at her because she puts the saddest face. At least she is comfy. In my house she is allowed on the rugs and stuff. The basement is where my eldest daughter has made her new bedroom so there is a nice plus shag type rug down there. The dog was shocked when I let her lay on it. In their house, she is not allowed on the furniture or the area rugs. Pssh I don't buy anything that isn't kid friendly. I have a house with animals and children so it all has to be comfy and easy to clean.

I agree... my house is full of kids, dogs, toddlers you NAME it!!! They trash the place, and I just clean it up... Poor baby, I feel bad for her :(

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree... my house is full of kids, dogs, toddlers you NAME it!!! They trash the place, and I just clean it up... Poor baby, I feel bad for her :(

I don't expect to have things stay pristine or a totally clean house. I used to be really crazy about keeping things constantly clean, then along came the kids. I know there is only so much I can do, so I do my best, and hey if there is a mess here and there then so be it. I also know for a fact that it's crazy to think you can keep a house looking like a museum.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't expect to have things stay pristine or a totally clean house. I used to be really crazy about keeping things constantly clean, then along came the kids. I know there is only so much I can do, so I do my best, and hey if there is a mess here and there then so be it. I also know for a fact that it's crazy to think you can keep a house looking like a museum.

I can be rather picky about the kitchen & bathrooms... but other than that I could really careless!!! My kids are older, so I make them clean up the only trouble I have is my 2 year old grandson & then of course Winston... BOY can they do a number on the living room!!! LOL :eek:

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I can be rather picky about the kitchen & bathrooms... but other than that I could really careless!!! My kids are older, so I make them clean up the only trouble I have is my 2 year old grandson & then of course Winston... BOY can they do a number on the living room!!! LOL :eek:

Kitchen and bathroom have to be clean. I am used to Raven emptying her toy boy and leaving a trail around the house. My skin kids, ages 17, 14 and 9, make their own kinds of messes but they are not bad. So all in all I can't complain too much. Now when they were younger it was brutal with the spills and other craziness they could get up into.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Beth, could it be they just felt comfortable enough leaving the dog with you because you are familiar with the breed? Enough playing devil's advocate, that's really messed up!

A friend of mine who has a bully left his dog with his brother when he went to FL a few weeks ago and the dog was acting strange and sick when he got back. He is back to normal after a few vet visits but needless to say, he told me he wants to leave Mr. Belvedere with me next time he travels because he is comfortable of my knowledge of the breed plus he gets along very well with Rocco!

gmcgirl87

Nov 1, 2013
michigan
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Aww poor girl! Our bully is on the couch, chair and bed constantly, she doesnt believe in sleeping anywhere a human wouldnt sleep/sit. And we allow it! lol I cant stand messes at my house so i am always cleaning when im not at work. I guess its because my husband doesnt allow messes. He doesnt understand with animals and kids, its normal... so i get in trouble if things dont get done daily. We have never sent Betty to a bullysitter ever... we are boring and dont do much besides work lol I guess if we ever needed a bullysitter, i would leave detailed instructions... Bullys are complicated personalities. they are all extremely different from eachother, just because you already own a bully doesnt mean you know everything about theirs! jeesh

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That poor baby, they probably don't even give her any attention at home. So sad.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beth, could it be they just felt comfortable enough leaving the dog with you because you are familiar with the breed? Enough playing devil's advocate, that's really messed up!

A friend of mine who has a bully left his dog with his brother when he went to FL a few weeks ago and the dog was acting strange and sick when he got back. He is back to normal after a few vet visits but needless to say, he told me he wants to leave Mr. Belvedere with me next time he travels because he is comfortable of my knowledge of the breed plus he gets along very well with Rocco!

Matt she is definitely comfortable with my bully knowledge as she constantly calls to ask about stuff even though she has had her baby longer. All that aside that is still her baby. I may know lots of general bully things but I don't know enough of her baby's personal things. For me that is a truly big deal. Raven is my fourth child and I couldn't go someplace and not worry no matter how good the person is. If I hadn't reached out to her to find out the exact amount of food that her dog should be fed there would be no contact whatsoever. I had to text her twice...that girl is glued to her phone. That is just bad bully parenting.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online