Real Name
    melanie
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Betty
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bullysitting rant/vent

Aww poor girl! Our bully is on the couch, chair and bed constantly, she doesnt believe in sleeping anywhere a human wouldnt sleep/sit. And we allow it! lol I cant stand messes at my house so i am always cleaning when im not at work. I guess its because my husband doesnt allow messes. He doesnt understand with animals and kids, its normal... so i get in trouble if things dont get done daily. We have never sent Betty to a bullysitter ever... we are boring and dont do much besides work lol I guess if we ever needed a bullysitter, i would leave detailed instructions... Bullys are complicated personalities. they are all extremely different from eachother, just because you already own a bully doesnt mean you know everything about theirs! jeesh

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

That poor baby, they probably don't even give her any attention at home. So sad.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fastmatt613 View Post
    Beth, could it be they just felt comfortable enough leaving the dog with you because you are familiar with the breed? Enough playing devil's advocate, that's really messed up!

A friend of mine who has a bully left his dog with his brother when he went to FL a few weeks ago and the dog was acting strange and sick when he got back. He is back to normal after a few vet visits but needless to say, he told me he wants to leave Mr. Belvedere with me next time he travels because he is comfortable of my knowledge of the breed plus he gets along very well with Rocco!
    Matt she is definitely comfortable with my bully knowledge as she constantly calls to ask about stuff even though she has had her baby longer. All that aside that is still her baby. I may know lots of general bully things but I don't know enough of her baby's personal things. For me that is a truly big deal. Raven is my fourth child and I couldn't go someplace and not worry no matter how good the person is. If I hadn't reached out to her to find out the exact amount of food that her dog should be fed there would be no contact whatsoever. I had to text her twice...that girl is glued to her phone. That is just bad bully parenting.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gmcgirl87 View Post
    Aww poor girl! Our bully is on the couch, chair and bed constantly, she doesnt believe in sleeping anywhere a human wouldnt sleep/sit. And we allow it! lol I cant stand messes at my house so i am always cleaning when im not at work. I guess its because my husband doesnt allow messes. He doesnt understand with animals and kids, its normal... so i get in trouble if things dont get done daily. We have never sent Betty to a bullysitter ever... we are boring and dont do much besides work lol I guess if we ever needed a bullysitter, i would leave detailed instructions... Bullys are complicated personalities. they are all extremely different from eachother, just because you already own a bully doesnt mean you know everything about theirs! jeesh
    Melanie you hit it on the head. These dogs are just like people with their individual quirks and likes/dislikes. I had to remind them to give any and everything that would make her feel comfortable and they still forgot to give me her bowls. I am glad she wasn't too fussy and actually ate from the second set that I keep for Raven. I have heard of some bullies that are OCD and have to have their stuff just right.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    That poor baby, they probably don't even give her any attention at home. So sad.
    That dog has been through a lot of changes. She is an almost 11 year old bully that grew up in the nice sun in FL. Her mamma met hubbys friend and she moved up here to NY. In Fl she was allowed on the bed and rugs, not sure about the sofas. Here in NY she is no longer allowed on the bed, furniture or rugs. She also has to contend with her mommy having a four month old skin baby and wanting to run back and forth to FL all the time. So that is going to mean a lot of kenneling for her on top of all the cold weather up here.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww poor baby, she must be missing her family, and so sad that they aren't giving her a second thought. When we went to Jamaica last April we boarded our babies, and I like and trust where they were, but I still worried, and I called to check in with the staff, they will put the phone to your babies ears and let them listen to your voice. Plus my daughter works very close to the place, and she went there with my Grandson and played with them and checked on them, and I spoke to her everyday in the evenings. How can you just leave and go away and not even think about or phone to see how your dog is doing? Very irresponsible, and heartless.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Monica we went on vacation last year and I got my sister to housesit/bullysit. We called home every day even though we were paying a heck of a lot in roaming charges to check on her and had my sister put the phone to her ear as well. I just don't get people sometimes.

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

That poor baby, that is awful. Most of the time Winston is with me no matter where I go but the couple times he hasn't been I worry & call constantly lol!! He is my baby. At least she is in great hands with you!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

We went away for a week in August and we had family watch Brutus. Someone was here all the time. I left explicit instruction right down to how to take him out to potty. I face timed him while we were away. And even with doing all that, he was acting off when we got back so the vet came for a check and believe it or not, Brutus missed us so bad he made himself sick. No more vacations for us with out the baby.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

I feel so bad for this poor baby. What are they thinking. I had to board Dudley last week from Thursday night until Saturday morning. I called to check on him. And, I left explicit written instructions for his feeding and walking -- and I board him at his vet's! They spoil him something rotten there too...he loves it! I don't do it often, but he is so excited when we get there he runs up the steps! She may not want to leave you when her family returns!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

Bulldog(s) Names
    Uni & Boadie
    Likes (Received)

I just don't understand how they could be that way. We have stopped taking trips as often since we got the fur babies. When we do leave them at a friends, it's a house they regularly visit with doggie friends, I leave printed out instructions and call to check on them. I miss them so much, I really don't want to leave them anymore.
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    Monica we went on vacation last year and I got my sister to housesit/bullysit. We called home every day even though we were paying a heck of a lot in roaming charges to check on her and had my sister put the phone to her ear as well. I just don't get people sometimes.
    This is what we do to, if the pups can't go with us. My sister comes her to stay and I leave a page of instructions for each pup and check in everyday while gone.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads