New Bully - bad gas?

Bodana

Oct 31, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
cappy
We are new to bulldogs. Just came home with an 8 week old puppy and he has the worst gas.... I mean it makes you leave the room it's so bad. I have other dogs but never ever have I dealt with nasty gas like this. He is on Nutro, which we were sent home with. I use eukanuba for my german shepherds. Any suggestions? I don't know if I just made a bad mistake or what, cuz I thought I would research what to do and I am hearing that they can have bad gas. :( I just don't know if I can have a dog that puts out like this, if you know what I mean. He's adorable, can someone help? I gag every time he farts. sorry, just being honest.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN.

I moved you post and created a thread so members cna help give you some info!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Well as I'm sure you could guess, this all begins w/the dog food!!! I had my bully on Eukanuba before I found EBN, and Winston had the most horrid gas I have EVER dealt with... :bad: Food is tricky w/bully's because of food allergies, but you can check on dogfoodadvisor.com to see food ratings. I put Winson on Fromms Gold Puppy, and from there we have transitioned to Fromm Pork & Applesauce. His gas issues are so much better now, and I don't have a lot of :poo: to deal with either!!! If you do decide to change his food, do it gradually... bully's tummies are very sensitive, and it could make things work. Good luck w/your new baby, and please keep us posted on how things are going!!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
[MENTION=10193]Bodana[/MENTION] :welcome: I'm sure someone will give you great advice about the best food choice available in America:) You'll see his "lill" gas problem will get better when on food that suits him and maybe a slow feeder bowl so he swallows less air:tongue: He really is so cute:drawheart:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Whatever food choice, GRAIN FREE will help most if not all, gassiness.

Feed & water out of glass or stainless steel bowls. Bullies tummies are
very sensitive so make food changes slowly.

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Definitely agree with the comments above! I went through a few foods before putting Winston on Blue's Sensitive Stomach. He's no longer clearing rooms with his gas (thank God). I feel for you!! Been there / done that :)

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
I put Forde on nutro when I first got him, same with him, the gas was horrid....in time I kept stepping up to higher star rated foods ( not that Nutro is a bad food) , from nutro to wellness to blue buffalo and now Fromm......with each move he had less gas and much less smell.....honestly now, he hardly has gas at all and when he does it's not that bad.......:)

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco had pretty bad gas when he was on Kirkland Signature from the breeder. Ever since he's been on Fromm's Beef Frittata (Which is Grain Free), he does not have gas anymore. There was maye one or two times that I belive I heard it but no smell lol

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
We had the same experience with Mayhem when he was on Royal Canin. Once we switched him to Fromm (grain free), the gas became minimal.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June has never had gas before :happydance: unless she does it all day long when bf and I aren't home?!?! She does burp VERY loud after eating and drinking though. She was on Eukanuba puppy from her breeder when we brought her home at 8 weeks. We did a slow transition to Fromm puppy and now we are transitioning her to the Fromm Beef Frittata to hopefully get rid of her tear stains.

Absnova

Nov 1, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nova
Nova had this issue when on isms. We switched her to Nutro venison for sensitive tummies and the gas lightened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
In addition to a good food you can also give your pup some plain yogurt or Kefir which helps cut down on the gas as well.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
The advice here is great! I had the same problem..my bedroom literally smelled like a cesspool..and he was doing it every 20 minutes. My wife wanted him out of the room. The food change was all the difference..and the yogurt like @Marine91 suggested. There's no problem at all now.

Members online

No members online now.