JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Jagger destroys every toy we get him. Not just stuffies , any type of toy we get. We have bought the $10 chew toys and I have sprints upwards of $40 on toys. In no time at all he has them In shreds. Just today he demolished a $35 fire house toy. I even buy him bones , synthetic bones, you name it I've bought it.

Any suggestions on toys for heavy chewers?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Goodness he has some strong jaws. All I have ever given Ruthie are the nyla-bones. She's not much of a chewer. I've heard the Kongs are good for the big time chewers. Good Luck finding something durable for him!!! I'm sure someone here will know of something really good.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Make sure you are getting toys marked as being made for powerful or aggressive chewers. Toys like Nylabones, Kong and Orka are the best we have come across.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Kong and Nylabones have toys for aggressive chewers.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Nylabones/ sticks or straight up rubber kongs or the spiky balls from Petsmart. Loki will destroy Kong wubba's, Kong tennis balls, Kong Tennis stick in mins man it makes me mad.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Nylabne Durachew toys. Rocco could chew anything up within a day bit these have lasted over a month so far and show no signs of being destroyed anytime soon.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nylabne Durachew toys. Rocco could chew anything up within a day bit these have lasted over a month so far and show no signs of being destroyed anytime soon.

AGREED!! These are super strong, we have 2 right now that Buster still loves.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Antlers, marrow bones and nylabones are they only things Banks' has not destroyed

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ok we have 1 Kong pacifier toy but he doesn't play with it much. That's is Ellie's favorite toy. I try to avoid marrow bones because he becomes obsessed with them. The antlers I have never tried I will have to get him some. Any type of ball he destroys. Tennis balls he eats the "hide" off of them. Jagger had a Kong Wubba, there is nothing left of it. I am trying to find lasting toys because he is so good about not chewing Cate's toys and I want to keep it that way. Ellie isn't much into chewing. But she will never pass up a bone. Even bones Jagger will sit and chew until he just destroys them. He had a pig toy for heavy chewers and it was supposed to be one of the best. I found it in shreds in my office today. Once he gets a toy tore apart he's done with it and moves on to the next one.

His newest mission is to get the buttons off my UGG boots :( I caught him trying to get to the buttons yesterday. And he was in my closet tonight trying to get them from the shoe rack on my door.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I am going tonight to invest in some Kong toys and antlers. We shall see which last through the weekend. It typically only takes Jagger one day to destroy something.

sillyheadbon

Mar 8, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie Roll Schmitt
I have found that a good raw bone from my butcher will keep Toots occupied for hours. I just ask at the meat counter for a soupbone or a bone for my dog and they will cut up a frozen one for me. It's cheap, effective, and she can't totally destroy it. When the marrow is all gone I throw it away. I keep one in the freezer for when I need a break from crazy puppy antics!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I have found that a good raw bone from my butcher will keep Toots occupied for hours. I just ask at the meat counter for a soupbone or a bone for my dog and they will cut up a frozen one for me. It's cheap, effective, and she can't totally destroy it. When the marrow is all gone I throw it away. I keep one in the freezer for when I need a break from crazy puppy antics!

We don't have any butchers locally. But my Dad does process meat at times. Like deer, pig and the occasional steer. I will have to ask him to start keeping them for me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.