ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't stop. It does get much better as time goes on but they heart still misses months and years later. I still shed a tear sometimes when when picture pops up up on my sidebar of Ace and it's been almost 2 years. Big :hug: to you Emily.

Oh Jeannie... the same thing happened to me not that long ago!!! A pic of Bella & her puppies showed up on the home page, and I was so taken aback... :cry:

Cinder79

Jan 15, 2013
Northern Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
I've gone through the loss of a bully three times in the last 24 years and each time is just as hard as the first. But I would never give up those sad times because the years of joy that each of them gave me far exceeds the pain of the loss. I have each of the lost bullies with me (in urns) and in my heart and I know that one glorious day, we'll all be together again...sitting at the feet of our Savior. So, grieve your loss--however long it takes--and remember the good times. That will get you through. Eventually, the time will be right to bring another bully into your heart and life.
One thing that has helped me is that I have a scrapbook album of each of my dogs. Being able to look back on the good times brings joy into my heart. I recommend that you work on this all through their lives, so that it's there for you when the day comes that you are alone. Another thing was having them cremated and their remains put into a special urn. Mine are all the same--each has the dog's picture on it (along with their name, year of birth/death and the phrase "Forever Loved"). Having "them" home with me just seems to help somehow.
One more thing....when my first bully passed I was out of town and I always deeply regretted not being there with him at the end....to hold him and send him on his way over the bridge. I think because of that I grieved him even more. The second and third ones, I was there with them right at the end...holding them and telling them how much I loved them. I then took them myself to the crematorium. I needed to do that for them. And because I was able to do those things, I felt like I was there for them and that while I still grieved, the guilt was not there...I felt more at peace. I know not everyone is able to do this...but for me, it helped.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh Jeannie... the same thing happened to me not that long ago!!! A pic of Bella & her puppies showed up on the home page, and I was so taken aback... :cry:
The first time that happened to me I was completely caught off guard. It was a Friday evening and I was here on the boards. I had to take a moment and get my cry on. They're happy I miss ya tears now. You went through a real hard loss too. :hug:

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
((((( HUGS )))))) to all that have lost their fur baby....I can't imagine the hurt :(

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
The first time that happened to me I was completely caught off guard. It was a Friday evening and I was here on the boards. I had to take a moment and get my cry on. They're happy I miss ya tears now. You went through a real hard loss too. :hug:

Thanks Jeannie... I'm trying real hard to remember all the good, funny times now. And believe me w/these bullies... we have had SO many fun times!!! :D

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
It is so hard! It's nice to know I can talk about it on here to people that really understand!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Emily, what I have learned is that loss takes time to go thru all your
emotions, over & over again and sometimes up & down, back & forth
even in a single day's time.For instance, you start feeling acceptance
and then suddenly, you find yourself grieving as if your loss was fresh
and not months past. This is normal and will continue for some time,
until finally, the almost unendurable pain lessens somewhat and the
memories bring a smile, a chuckle even a belly laugh. You will always
mourn for your loved one, how can you not but you become better at
coping. There just isn't any way to escape the hurt when it's a great
love and their absence leaves you empty inside. Remember too, our
mourning for them is sacred work done in tribute for what they gave
to us, there will always be a part of your heart that no one will ever
have again because it is forever their's to occupy.

Sending you much love, Emily
:heart:

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Very well put Texas Carol! It is so true!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emily, what I have learned is that loss takes time to go thru all your
emotions, over & over again and sometimes up & down, back & forth
even in a single day's time.For instance, you start feeling acceptance
and then suddenly, you find yourself grieving as if your loss was fresh
and not months past. This is normal and will continue for some time,
until finally, the almost unendurable pain lessens somewhat and the
memories bring a smile, a chuckle even a belly laugh. You will always
mourn for your loved one, how can you not but you become better at
coping. There just isn't any way to escape the hurt when it's a great
love and their absence leaves you empty inside. Remember too, our
mourning for them is sacred work done in tribute for what they gave
to us, there will always be a part of your heart that no one will ever
have again because it is forever their's to occupy.

Sending you much love, Emily
:heart:

I just LOVE this Carol... Many prayers & hugs to you!!! :angelheart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.