False Pregnancy

flutrbyny

Sep 19, 2012
Laconia, New Hampshire, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassiopeia and Fernando
My 4 year old, Cassie, is going through false pregnancy. The vet has confirmed that she is not pregnant. I don't know what to do. She is going through "nesting", and she pushes her food bowl with her nose, and she's breathing rapidly. The vet says that these are all the signs that a pregnant bitch will have near the end of pregnancy. Can anyone give me advice on what I should do? Do I give her a nesting box? Can I help "speed" things along? This is something completely new to me. Its amazing to see her teats are swollen and she's become very attached to me these past few days. I appreciate any comments or suggestions. :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Bella had a litter last year, but I'm not sure what you do for a "false pregnancy"?!! I will tag some members that may be able to help you out... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]
Good luck & keep us posted!!!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Wow this is definitey strange. I've never heard of that before. I'm curious to see what they members tagged above have to say.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I have heard of it but I have no idea what to do for it! Sending my prayers...bless her heart.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
BeBe went through a false pregnancy the first time we bred her. Just let her do her thing and it will pass. Her hormones are going nuts right now and she just has to work through it. We did not give BeBe a nesting bed. I hope your girl gets back to normal soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would say just lots of love and snuggles, she will be okay her hormones just gotta sort themselves out.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
How does a false pregnancy happen? I'm just curious I have never heard of this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor girl... I have no experience, but others that do already commented.... good luck and give her hugs

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I had a Golden Retriever, Ginger, she did that every time she went into heat. Poor thing would try to nurse her toys, wouldn't eat or drink for a day or two. Didn't want to go potty outside without taking her "baby" toys out with her, she'd be a sensitive mess for about a month, and it was always two months after her heat. Eventually spaying had helped her tremendously

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.