Registration with my Township

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Christine, so you only have to pay up once and that's it? b/c we have to renew every year and pay the fee annually.

this is a good thread b/c now it has me wondering where the money is actually going? :confused:

yes, here in Pennsylvania you can get a life time license if the dog is microchipped or tattooed... Only time you have to get a new one is if you move to a new county. I live in Montgomery County so if I moved to anther in PA I would have to get a new life time license or pay annually. Pa annual cost is I think 6 bucks, if they dog is fixed or a senior... More if not fixed

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
No I think renewals are done in June so if you were to get a pet in May you would pay the full year just for a month. They won't charge you as being late if you get a pet let's say in in Sept. because technically you aren't late. I could say I got him in 5 yrs from now not like they would know lol

Ahhh I see.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
my sister got a fine for her dog not being registered, they have had him for awhile but have only been in their new house for almost a yr, app a animal control was going door to door checking to see if people had their dogs registered!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Here in CA, the state requires that all dogs older than 4mos be licensed. Here is a snippet of the reasons and "benefits":
This mandated dog license program developed as a method of tracking rabies. Other benefits of licensing include an easy way of identifying lost animals, and the financial help that some fees bring to animal care programs.

Tate and Finn have their dog licenses; we get these random checks coming house to house...hasn't happened to me yet though.

This is very similar to where I live. Here they must be registered by the time they are a year-old. It's not a very expensive thing, and I know people whose dog got loose and they were able to get him back because the police checked the dog tags with the township. They got a call and got their baby back. It definitely was worth it to them. It's also a way to "ensure" your dog has its rabies shot -- you have to provide documentation of the shots in order to get the license.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Hmmmm this has me wondering about our town. Our animal control officer almost lived at my house over the summer squirrel bites and bats in the pool and she never said anything to me about Sheldon needing to be licensed his rabies tag stays on him along with identification tags with his name our names phone numbers and address. Has me wondering though.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.