Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Registration with my Township

By me if you live within the city limits it is the law that you register your animals with the city and it is like $60 the first year and then drops to $25 after that if your pet is fixed and senior dogs are like $10 so it is obviously a money grab. Outside the city limits you don't have to do any of that crap.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    It is jst another way of getting money from you without saying it is a tax. We have them for our guys, but only after we did the microchip -- then you can get the life-time license and only pay like 30 bucks
    Christine, so you only have to pay up once and that's it? b/c we have to renew every year and pay the fee annually.

this is a good thread b/c now it has me wondering where the money is actually going?

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys! I'll look into it.

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

yea by me there is no lifetime fee either. Only annually. I understand about the rabies thing, but Rocco has his tag attached to his collar that has the year of his rabies vaccination along with the name and address and phone of his vet. I know there are records there. Plus his name tag has his name and all of my info (phone, address) on it as well. There is definitely a way for them to check up on his records without taking him somewhere. For us the fee varies by age, and if they are neutered or not. It's not the money but the principle. Then I have another bill I have to pay each year and this town has problems sending bills to you but asking where the money is the feel they're owed. I know the late fee on the license renewal would be double and I'd almost rather just not get involved in it altogether.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fastmatt613 View Post
    yea by me there is no lifetime fee either. Only annually. I understand about the rabies thing, but Rocco has his tag attached to his collar that has the year of his rabies vaccination along with the name and address and phone of his vet. I know there are records there. Plus his name tag has his name and all of my info (phone, address) on it as well. There is definitely a way for them to check up on his records without taking him somewhere. For us the fee varies by age, and if they are neutered or not. It's not the money but the principle. Then I have another bill I have to pay each year and this town has problems sending bills to you but asking where the money is the feel they're owed. I know the late fee on the license renewal would be double and I'd almost rather just not get involved in it altogether.
    Well since its late in the year could you just wait til Jan and then do it, that is if you plan on doing it? Then it wouldnt be doubled right?

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    Well since its late in the year could you just wait til Jan and then do it, that is if you plan on doing it? Then it wouldnt be doubled right?
    No I think renewals are done in June so if you were to get a pet in May you would pay the full year just for a month. They won't charge you as being late if you get a pet let's say in in Sept. because technically you aren't late. I could say I got him in 5 yrs from now not like they would know lol

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Christine, so you only have to pay up once and that's it? b/c we have to renew every year and pay the fee annually.

this is a good thread b/c now it has me wondering where the money is actually going?
    yes, here in Pennsylvania you can get a life time license if the dog is microchipped or tattooed... Only time you have to get a new one is if you move to a new county. I live in Montgomery County so if I moved to anther in PA I would have to get a new life time license or pay annually. Pa annual cost is I think 6 bucks, if they dog is fixed or a senior... More if not fixed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fastmatt613 View Post
    No I think renewals are done in June so if you were to get a pet in May you would pay the full year just for a month. They won't charge you as being late if you get a pet let's say in in Sept. because technically you aren't late. I could say I got him in 5 yrs from now not like they would know lol
    Ahhh I see.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)

my sister got a fine for her dog not being registered, they have had him for awhile but have only been in their new house for almost a yr, app a animal control was going door to door checking to see if people had their dogs registered!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Here in CA, the state requires that all dogs older than 4mos be licensed. Here is a snippet of the reasons and "benefits":
    This mandated dog license program developed as a method of tracking rabies. Other benefits of licensing include an easy way of identifying lost animals, and the financial help that some fees bring to animal care programs.

Tate and Finn have their dog licenses; we get these random checks coming house to house...hasn't happened to me yet though.
    This is very similar to where I live. Here they must be registered by the time they are a year-old. It's not a very expensive thing, and I know people whose dog got loose and they were able to get him back because the police checked the dog tags with the township. They got a call and got their baby back. It definitely was worth it to them. It's also a way to "ensure" your dog has its rabies shot -- you have to provide documentation of the shots in order to get the license.

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hmmmm this has me wondering about our town. Our animal control officer almost lived at my house over the summer squirrel bites and bats in the pool and she never said anything to me about Sheldon needing to be licensed his rabies tag stays on him along with identification tags with his name our names phone numbers and address. Has me wondering though.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads