Birthday treat ideas

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
So the girls will be turning 1 year this saturday (11/2):birthday:. We don't normally spoil them with a lot of treats, but i figured its their birthday, they gotts have something right? So what kind of things do you give your bullies for birthday/super special treats? My girlfriend was thinking of looking for a dog bakery and getting them a small dog cake of some sort. Whatcha think?

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
ge got Chunk a special doggy cupcake, and some frostypaws icecream....and of course he got all dressed up in a tie and party hat!!! you can find the pictures in my photo album, good luck and happy day to your girls!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I think the cake is a great idea!!! We usually take our dogs to PetSmart to let them pick out a special toy too!!! :mansfriend:

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
You can buy a puppy latte at Starbucks!! Hahah I think it's just a little cup of whip cream. My friend took her dog the other day and asked for one in the drive through. Made me laugh.

There are a few specialty dog stores where I live and they all make really adorable cakes and treats for dogs. New toys are always exciting too!

I can't wait till June's birthday. I'll probably put a party hat on her and dress her up. She'll probably give me the stink eye but I don't even care!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had gotten Banks a pup-cake for her b- day last month.... Local pet store has them, home made with peanut butters and something else .... She loved it

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber will turn 2 the end of November and I am making her a meatza pizza. Last year we made her a ground beef and mashed potato cake but it is the meatza pizza this year. You take ground beef (93% lean) and press it into a baking dish and bake it in the oven at 375. Take it out and put some pizza sauce on it, some more different types of meat (pepperoni, sausage, ham etc) then some mozerrela cheese and put it back in the oven and bake it until the cheese melts and the other meats are hot. Pull it out slice it down and everyone is happy to include the humans. When I made the ground beef and mashed potato cake the humans were not in a hurry to eat but everyone likes the meatza pizza. Amber and Ruby love meatza pizza night.

P.S and for dessert we have frozen peanut butter and banana treats.

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
bagevetu.jpg

I found this recipe on line for puppy cup cakes, Benedict's birthday is this weekend gonna try it out.

OP
ltpyro

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
Amber will turn 2 the end of November and I am making her a meatza pizza. Last year we made her a ground beef and mashed potato cake but it is the meatza pizza this year. You take ground beef (93% lean) and press it into a baking dish and bake it in the oven at 375. Take it out and put some pizza sauce on it, some more different types of meat (pepperoni, sausage, ham etc) then some mozerrela cheese and put it back in the oven and bake it until the cheese melts and the other meats are hot. Pull it out slice it down and everyone is happy to include the humans. When I made the ground beef and mashed potato cake the humans were not in a hurry to eat but everyone likes the meatza pizza. Amber and Ruby love meatza pizza night.

P.S and for dessert we have frozen peanut butter and banana treats.

Thats awesome!!! I would have thought the spicy ingredients in sausage and pepperoni would be bad for the dogs. I will keep this in mind.

OP
ltpyro

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
OH!!!! I made pupcakes for Ruthie's birthday party and they were awesome. Ruthie and her dog friends LOVED them. Here's the link to the recipe I used: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/peanut-butter-pupcakes-cupcakes-for-dogs.html

bagevetu.jpg

I found this recipe on line for puppy cup cakes, Benedict's birthday is this weekend gonna try it out.

My woman loves to bake, she will love to make these for her girls. Thank you!!!

OP
ltpyro

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
I just got two coupons for petsmart to get soemthings at 15% off so I will be getting them some new toys as well.

mzza111

May 16, 2013
Orange County, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy (May 2013- March 2015)
I have a question...my dog eats a grain-free kibble. Does giving her flour defeat the grain-free purpose? Flour is technically a grain...right?:eek:

Or is it a matter of, once a year a treat with grain won't kill her.:pray:

Ami

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
I have a question...my dog eats a grain-free kibble. Does giving her flour defeat the grain-free purpose? Flour is technically a grain...right?:eek:

Or is it a matter of, once a year a treat with grain won't kill her.:pray:

Ami

Benedict is grain free, I was told to replace the regular floor ( white) for gluten free or rice flour or wheat. I tried it with gluten free and it worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.