Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to the site and glad you found us, and bless you for taking her in. That poor girl has been shuffled around too many homes. I wish you could just keep her. She needs to be on a better food and that will help her with most of her problems. She looks fine from the pic and doesn't look over weight, but a better food will help her. Here is one thing you need to do to really help her. Have her spayed before the people want her back. Tell them she got an infection and needed the spaying.

What a great idea, David...yes, please spay her and say she had infection!

I join the rest in thanking you for taking her in, GOD bless your kind heart :)

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
What a good thing you are doing taking in your friend and her dog...Love the fact that you are willing to learn about bullies and are concerned about Lola's health. You will find a lot of great people here with a wealth of knowledge!

Lola looks beautiful...please post more pics of her and your fur-baby.

ā™„

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Welcome to the site and glad you found us, and bless you for taking her in. That poor girl has been shuffled around too many homes. I wish you could just keep her. She needs to be on a better food and that will help her with most of her problems. She looks fine from the pic and doesn't look over weight, but a better food will help her. Here is one thing you need to do to really help her. Have her spayed before the people want her back. Tell them she got an infection and needed the spaying.

GENIUS. Say she got Pyometra (infection of the uterine lining---my Diva got this and had to be spayed IMMEDIATELY or we risked losing her) and had to be spayed in order to save her life. If they don't want her back then they were in it for the money and not the well-being of the dog.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Welcome to EBN and Congratulations on the love you are going to receive from this little beauty once she gets settled. I sincerely hope she gets to stay with you as you seem to care a great deal more for her health and well-being. She does seem a little pudgy but no overly so you have gotten some great advice from some great people read the articles as well they are full of information. I am an EBN lifer it seems I love this forum and everyone on it. My baby Sheldon is so much better for the experience on this site. :welcome4:

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the replies again guys. I don't think I am that great, I just love animals and I couldn't let the pup go into a rescue when there was a loving home available for her. I will go out in the morning and find a more suitable food for her.

I don't fully understand the agreement either, all I do know is that the man that the puppy was originally from is not a very nice guy. I have already said that I do not want her to produce puppies (even though it isn't up to me really). My partner and I have already thought about taking her to the vets when the time is right in order to get her spayed, and we are more than happy to deal with the consequences that should arise.
I agree with the others do it and say she got an infection there is one infection particular to females that is fatal if contracted I don't remember the name of it but I think [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] might know what it is.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh my goodness. What a mess, poor Lola. I'm glad that she's in your hands now. I don't have any advice to offer but I do hope the situation becomes a more positive one.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
My 4 1/2 month old weighed about 12 kilograms about a week ago (or 27 lbs... I googled it lol) so she's probably a little more by now, and her vet things she looks great. We don't feed her any table scraps or human food besides some fruits and veggies.

OP
V

victorh91

Oct 30, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hello everyone, thanks for the replies :) I will definitely get her spayed as soon as the vet recommends a suitable time! I have decided to take her to the vets today at my expense. My friend said when we got her that she can't even afford to get her microchipped so I guess there is no point in asking her for money. I text her today to ask when she was last wormed as I've seen Lola drag her bum several times and she does appear to have a little bloat, plus my other pooch is due to be wormed today so I could do them both at the same time. Well, she replied and told me that the man that she got the dog off said that he wormed her but I doubt it. So the poor thing could have worms! :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! The gang has given you great advice, and I also want to commend you for taking this poor baby... I wish there were more people like you that would make the effort to try & make life better for any animal :) Sounds like she needs to see a vet to rule out the worms, and talk about spaying her. I can't believe her owner wants to breed her yearly, that is sickening... he doesn't care about that poor baby!!! Just the money that he would make from the pups... I hope that if you can't keep her you can get her to a rescue so they can find her a good home soon!!!

OP
V

victorh91

Oct 30, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I have already fallen in love with her :havemyheart:
I don't want her to go back. She is such a big bundle of joy!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
They make it easy for us to love them....I wish everyone were as lucky as we are to get to experience the love of these unique animals.

Most Reactions