Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New "temporary" owner - clueless

Welcome to the site and glad you found us, and bless you for taking her in. That poor girl has been shuffled around too many homes. I wish you could just keep her. She needs to be on a better food and that will help her with most of her problems. She looks fine from the pic and doesn't look over weight, but a better food will help her. Here is one thing you need to do to really help her. Have her spayed before the people want her back. Tell them she got an infection and needed the spaying.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

How can someone force your friend to breed the dog annually? Just trying to understand that agreement

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fastmatt613 View Post
    How can someone force your friend to breed the dog annually? Just trying to understand that agreement

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the replies again guys. I don't think I am that great, I just love animals and I couldn't let the pup go into a rescue when there was a loving home available for her. I will go out in the morning and find a more suitable food for her.

I don't fully understand the agreement either, all I do know is that the man that the puppy was originally from is not a very nice guy. I have already said that I do not want her to produce puppies (even though it isn't up to me really). My partner and I have already thought about taking her to the vets when the time is right in order to get her spayed, and we are more than happy to deal with the consequences that should arise.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Welcome to the site and glad you found us, and bless you for taking her in. That poor girl has been shuffled around too many homes. I wish you could just keep her. She needs to be on a better food and that will help her with most of her problems. She looks fine from the pic and doesn't look over weight, but a better food will help her. Here is one thing you need to do to really help her. Have her spayed before the people want her back. Tell them she got an infection and needed the spaying.
    What a great idea, David...yes, please spay her and say she had infection!

I join the rest in thanking you for taking her in, GOD bless your kind heart

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

What a good thing you are doing taking in your friend and her dog...Love the fact that you are willing to learn about bullies and are concerned about Lola's health. You will find a lot of great people here with a wealth of knowledge!

Lola looks beautiful...please post more pics of her and your fur-baby.

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    GENIUS. Say she got Pyometra (infection of the uterine lining---my Diva got this and had to be spayed IMMEDIATELY or we risked losing her) and had to be spayed in order to save her life. If they don't want her back then they were in it for the money and not the well-being of the dog.

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to EBN and Congratulations on the love you are going to receive from this little beauty once she gets settled. I sincerely hope she gets to stay with you as you seem to care a great deal more for her health and well-being. She does seem a little pudgy but no overly so you have gotten some great advice from some great people read the articles as well they are full of information. I am an EBN lifer it seems I love this forum and everyone on it. My baby Sheldon is so much better for the experience on this site.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by victorh91 View Post
    Thanks for the replies again guys. I don't think I am that great, I just love animals and I couldn't let the pup go into a rescue when there was a loving home available for her. I will go out in the morning and find a more suitable food for her.

I don't fully understand the agreement either, all I do know is that the man that the puppy was originally from is not a very nice guy. I have already said that I do not want her to produce puppies (even though it isn't up to me really). My partner and I have already thought about taking her to the vets when the time is right in order to get her spayed, and we are more than happy to deal with the consequences that should arise.
    I agree with the others do it and say she got an infection there is one infection particular to females that is fatal if contracted I don't remember the name of it but I think @Davidh might know what it is.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Welcome and thank you for taking such good care of her and yes, get her spayed!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness. What a mess, poor Lola. I'm glad that she's in your hands now. I don't have any advice to offer but I do hope the situation becomes a more positive one.

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

My 4 1/2 month old weighed about 12 kilograms about a week ago (or 27 lbs... I googled it lol) so she's probably a little more by now, and her vet things she looks great. We don't feed her any table scraps or human food besides some fruits and veggies.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone, thanks for the replies I will definitely get her spayed as soon as the vet recommends a suitable time! I have decided to take her to the vets today at my expense. My friend said when we got her that she can't even afford to get her microchipped so I guess there is no point in asking her for money. I text her today to ask when she was last wormed as I've seen Lola drag her bum several times and she does appear to have a little bloat, plus my other pooch is due to be wormed today so I could do them both at the same time. Well, she replied and told me that the man that she got the dog off said that he wormed her but I doubt it. So the poor thing could have worms!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads