Puppy Proof Toy List

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
So today I was thinking about the few toys that have lasted Matilda the last year. Bulldogs as we all know are HARDCORE chewers. So I thought we could make a list that would help new puppy (or even older dogs) owners of the BEST toys for bullies who chew.

There are two toys that have lasted Matilda her entire life.

1) Nylabone toys - both the bones and key-toys. They are SOLID!
2) A Rubber Ducky - like the kind for kids for bathtime! Matilda has eaten it alive and it still doesn't have a single bite mark. And she can't eat the squeaker out. Awesome toy for puppies.

What toys last your bullies?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I also have a boxer, and in addition to the Nylabones I have been purchasing Kong toys... they are virtually indestructible!!! :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Anything Kong stands up to our two guys, except for the Kong Wubba, they chewed off the long pieces, and Blossom swallowed a piece. It was orange, so we saw it come back out. Lol

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Kong toys have lasted, a tough rubber ball but have not idea what brand but pretty heavy duty, but the best thing we brought was the BUMI and Bazza loves it so much !!!!!

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Most of the kong toys don't last in my house very long. He tends to beat the crap out of them. I'm trying to think if anything really lasts in my house and beyond the nylabones and the real bones that you can stuff with peanut butter, nothing really lasts beyond a couple of weeks.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Kongs, Orka's, Nylabones and believe it or not no stuff stuffies have lasted with Harlea. However, normal squeaky toys bite the dust within minutes of her getting a hold of them.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Best toy in the house.......a golf club.......mine drag that golf club all over the yard. Best swinging action the club has ever seen! They have stripped the rubber off but other than that they love to chase each other with that golf club. Amber started playing with it when she was 10 weeks old and has not gotten tired of it yet. She loves it. Second best toy in the house......the laundry basket......they drag that thing all over the place....cost about $3 and is the best $3 dollars I have spent. Now, I do have the tough toys that are rated 8-10 that have held up great with both of them. I only recently lost one but they have about 5 others and only one is showing signs of wear and they play tug of war non-stop with them.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I also have a boxer, and in addition to the Nylabones I have been purchasing Kong toys... they are virtually indestructible!!! :D

I agree with Tracey, and Kong makes a nice array of toys now. :yes:

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
we love kong, nylabones and jolly balls! they are made for horses so they can really take a beating! although if you get the ones with handles they will most likely be chewed off... but still hold up!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I've had the best success with Nylabone Durachews myself

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Nylabones for sure. But Daisy actually isnt destructive. lol She loves her Hol lee roller ball . She pulls and tugs on that and chases it everywhere!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
So funny because just doesn't really destroy her toys! She has stuffed animals with squeakers and she just loves to play fetch, tug of war, or suck on them (weird I know). She only likes the rubber nylabones (not the white or tan hard ones) and after a couple months of chewing hers, I threw it away and bought 2 big ones. She also loves water bottles, but we throw those away after a few days. We also buy the kong brand of stuffed toys. They don't have stuffing in them, I think it's robes and knots, but she loves those too.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Anything Kong stands up to our two guys, except for the Kong Wubba, they chewed off the long pieces, and Blossom swallowed a piece. It was orange, so we saw it come back out. Lol

Brutus loves his Kong Wubbas. They last a decent amount of time to be worth the money.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Kongs, marrow bones, antlers, Kong Wubba, and a $3 rubber ball I bought a petco ( little soft slinks on it).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.