dog bed suggestions

violetrose

Sep 2, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Logan
Our Logan is sleeping well in his crate at night and whimpers a bit if he needs to be let out. We are in the process of training him to not get on the furniture now that he's discovered his powerful legs will get him up on pretty much everything. I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for a dog bed that we could get him to lay on when we are relaxing/watching tv in the evenings. Right now he is climbing on the couch and it's clear he wants to be up there for comfort. We do have an extra crate in the TV room that he can lay in and sleep in, but he seems to want to be closer to us at times or to chew on a toy. We have tried 2 types, one that is just like a large flat rectangle with stuffing and one that's an oval with a rounded edge. He doesn't seem to like either one. When awake he tends to lay on his belly, when sleeping he's usually on his side with his legs sticking straight out.

Thanks!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I found one at sams for 26bucks it has memory foam in it....Ollie LOVES it, it's a nice big size too, and the cover comes off to wash! so far it seems to be holding up well!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours love the Coolaroo. Maybe get one of those and a big pillow to sleep on.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, typical bulldog.... he wants to be with his humans. They love to be touching you

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Oh good luck. The only way Daisy stays on the floor is if shes chewing on a bone or toy. lol

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco has a little bed with sides (he's growing out of it lol) that I put in the living room sometimes and it will keep him content while chewing on a toy or if he's tired. A lot of times he wants to lay between my legs on the couch. He also likes if I put down a soft blanket to lay on as well. I also have a blanket I put on the couch on a certain section and tuck it into the cushions and he is pretty good about laying on that on his own.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have a coolaroo as well as several memory foam beds for Harlea to choose from in different rooms of the house. However, we do allow her on the couch in her spot which is the corner right next to where i sit that we have covered with a piece of lambs wool for her comfort but here lately she has been perching on the arm rest between me and my wife as she has to be near one or both of us at all times now even to the point she has started whining a bit in her crate and night for the past few days.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Good luck!! Dog beds in our house is just another thing for destruction, to drag it around, or pee on it so the other one can not have it. No dog beds for us, I have two cats I cannot begin to make understand the furniture is off limits so Amber learned at an early age the furniture is the best choice and Ruby followed suit. We use covers and wash them a couple times a week and change them out but other than that, our bullies sit on the same things we humans sit on. Bullies not allowed on the furniture :rofl::rofl:that is hilarious!! Good Luck and I mean that in every way possible. My suggestion: get use to it and get some nice covers for the furniture.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I guess Ollie's owners did a good job of teaching him not on the furniture, The only time he gets on the couch is when my husband first gets home and he wants his butt scratch from him...otherwise he sleeps on the floor right in front of the couch or on the wood part in front of the door!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm in the same boat as Dalmatina38. Dog beds in my house are a no-no. Brutus is very happy to be on the couch with us. It is really cute and we love it when he cuddles with us. We have leather furniture so it is easily cleaned off.

OP
violetrose

violetrose

Sep 2, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Logan
The primary reason we are trying no furniture for now is as soon as he got strong enough to leap up, he started flying head-first into our laps and frequently head-butting us in the process. So we are trying no furniture and teaching down. Once we've learned that the goal is to be allowed up on furniture when invited. So in the meantime he needs something softer for his rump. Looking back at his earlier puppy pics he liked the oval bed more initially but now he's more likely to chew on it or flip it. Probably because what he wants is the couch!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My boys get comfy on their Fatboys.... 528600_10150755245959726_1253234491_n.jpg558043_10151454956689726_623423092_n.jpg

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.