Allergies! Raw Honey?

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
Harley's allergies were horrible this last last spring and summer, even with 4 benadryl a day. Since we had a frost he's sooo much better! But i would like to be ready with some new healthy ways to get on top of his issues before next season hits. Well a friend posted this and thought i would share! Take care everyone & Happy Halloween!;)

Health Benefits of Raw Honey for Dogs:
Fights Allergies
Skin Infections
Wounds and Burns
Boost Immune System
Interdigital Cysts
Improves Digestive System
Works as an Anti-inflammatory
Respiratory Issues

Raw honey has been traditionally used for hundreds of years in the treatment of numerous ailments, proving useful for humans as well as animals. It has been found that there are a number of health benefits of raw honey for dogs.
Honey that has not been adulterated, pasteurized or heated is known as raw honey, coming straight from the hives of local beekeepers. Local honey can help in alleviating allergies in dogs. Breeds of dog that suffer from respiratory issues due to airborne irritants will find that traces of pollen in the honey are useful in helping them when acclimatizing to pollen in the air. This is just one of a number of health benefits of raw honey for dogs.
Just a spoonful of raw honey is enough to give your dog increased energy. Honey will provide sugars that can be broken down gradually and easily unlike processed sugar. This can give your dog a natural boost and increased energy levels, improving exercise potential in a healthy way.
Another one of the health benefits of raw honey for dogs is better digestion which is essential in a dog`s everyday life. Due to raw honey being pre-digested by bees, it still contains live enzymes. These enzymes work to help dogs in digesting food. Processed honey kills off these enzymes making digestion a struggle thus destroying the health benefits.
The live enzymes in raw honey also kill off potentially harmful bacteria and microbes, meaning it can also be used as an antibacterial property. The honey is useful in caring for wounds such as cut and grazes. Raw honey when ingested can also be a great method of curbing infections.
Health benefits of raw honey in dogs far exceed that of processed honey and should be considered by every dog owner. Feeding your dog raw honey will improve your pet's health and help build up immune systems making them more capable of fighting against any illness. Dogs also become livelier and more vibrant when fed raw honey improving all round happiness for not only dog but the owner.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't know alot about allergies(yet.........thank goodness....fingers crossed.........) but Honey is a pure food that never goes bad-good for many things. I hope it IS a solution for you! I am sure someone will certainly know.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I too have heard about the benefits of raw honey but it must be local raw honey to truly work.

This is because you want the honey to be made out of the pollen spores that would cause allergies in your local area. The idea is to build a resistance to the spores. If you use raw honey made in, let's say, Mexico, it's not going to have the proper affect if you live in New Hampshire

I tried it on sully but he is so allergy ridden from things outside of pollen it didn't work. I think it would work if pollen were the only allergy problems in the pup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all for the kind words and helpful advice!

Yes, raw honey has great benefits, be sure it is LOCAL to your area as it has all the allergens that would be bothering you and your bullies

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have heard it works, but I have never tried it. But only use a spoonful a day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online