JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm trying to get a good idea of the most popular crate/kennel sizes that people have for the dog crate pads I make. I just need length & width. Can you please tell me what your crate size is?

Thanks for your help too. :up:

Last edited:

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
This is the one we have.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002AT3ME/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

42"L x 28"W x 31"H

I'm interested in a crate pad. I have tried three beds which Ace chewed up, currently and probably for the last several months I have two towels in the crate. They get so much hair on them that we don't wash them in the washer but I simply rinse them out weekly in a 5 gallon bucket and let them dry on the fence. So what I am looking for is a pad that he wouldn't chew up and that I could wash outside in a bucket or hose down

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
For those to know... Jeannie is BEYOND OBSESSED with making these beauties..... she has a new hobby and needs a reason to spend hours, and hours buying fabric and making these awesome crate pads

Please help her

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Of course Mine has to be different Crate size is 41.5 x 27 :confused:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Of course Mine has to be different Crate size is 41.5 x 27 :confused:

This is the one we have.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002AT3ME/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

42"L x 28"W x 31"H

I'm interested in a crate pad. I have tried three beds which Ace chewed up, currently and probably for the last several months I have two towels in the crate. They get so much hair on them that we don't wash them in the washer but I simply rinse them out weekly in a 5 gallon bucket and let them dry on the fence. So what I am looking for is a pad that he wouldn't chew up and that I could wash outside in a bucket or hose down
Tim, I wash the one Sally has in her crate about 3 times a week. It's holding up fantastic. They dry super fast too due to the batting I use. I'll PM you my Etsy shop and you can check them out. :up:

For those to know... Jeannie is BEYOND OBSESSED with making these beauties..... she has a new hobby and needs a reason to spend hours, and hours buying fabric and making these awesome crate pads

Please help her
And to think I've had my sewing machine for 12 years now and barely used it, lol.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
LOL Kelly. That's because Vegas is special. The sizes I put are for the Midwest Lifestages crates from Petco.

His crate came from Petsmart. Joe measured the top, should I take the tray out and measure that instead?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours are 24 X 36.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
His crate came from Petsmart. Joe measured the top, should I take the tray out and measure that instead?

Just the rough estimate on the outside. By the time I cut the material I lose about an 1" all the way around. Makes for a perfect fit. :)

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I'm interested in a crate pad. Do they have a removable/washable cover? Or do you just there the whole thing in the washing machine? I'm currently using a large bath towel that I just wash each week. Would like something a little more "cushy"

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Looks like the 24x36 is the most common so I'm safe premaking these at that size. :2thumbs:

I'm interested in a crate pad. Do they have a removable/washable cover? Or do you just there the whole thing in the washing machine? I'm currently using a large bath towel that I just wash each week. Would like something a little more "cushy"

Hi Carrie, I will PM you the info. Just throw the whole thing in the washer. Not removable cover but they are 100% machine washable and dry-able (medium heat). I've washed Sally's a few times a week as she has accident due to her age.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
The ones we use most often are 24 x 36 and 22 x 36. We have a smaller one upstairs that Orion also uses.....I will measure that one later.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.