Ooohhh, Im going to be in trouble!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I love Craigslist and it is one of my morning look ats, I seen an ad a week ago for someone looking for an English Bully, I responded with the Florida adoption for bullys giving her the link.
Tonight I get an email from someone asking me if I am still looking for a bully??
I responded NO I own one, I was directing that person to the adoption agency.
She responds that she has a 3 year old and is moving out of state and can not afford the "upkeep" with her.
I respond is she healthy?? OOOhhh I already know... she is obviously in my area to see what I had posted.
My husband is going to kill me, but I already know...Now that I have Vegas on the right track due to all of you and his allergies...What is ONE more????
I am waiting on a response back. Even if she is not that healthy I can and will make sure she has the best of health care and diet. Along with Vet care. Could this possibly be my Christmas Present???
We have agreed we only have a few months on our lease then we are buying a house with a fenced in yard so not another one until then...but Oh I am interested!! He might come home from work with a SURPRISE!!! >.<

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
WHAT?????? She responded that she is getting transferred to Texas and does not think she can handle the heat?? We live in Florida where is was a 100 plus all summer!!!! Starting to sound very fishy!! said she is flying and her car is being towed with the moving van, so therefore her 3yr old female would have to fly and she does not trust the flying part. I think this is not sounding as good as what I was thinking!

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
How much is she asking for a "rehoming fee"? I wonder if this bulldog doesn't belong to her....Hmmmm. I think you should put on your detective hat and check it out.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], already on, we have had 3 emails with each one me asking what the re-homing fee is and all 3 no answer! She just talks about how worried she is about Texas heat when we live in a 100 plus for the last summer even 88 today Florida!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
tell her you know some people that live in texas and there bullies do just fine as long as they are cool 24/7 and not left outside more than 5 mins lol... which part of tx is she moving too did she say?? our heat has lots of humidity which makes summer worse, not sure how fl is with humidity but tx does get very bad at times it could be 105 out and feel like its 120!!!

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
UDATE: The final email last night was, that she needs surgery on both her eye's and has chronic ear infections, although I would not pass on this... the final statement was "she MUST be an ONLY dog, she is VERY aggresive, she said actually MEAN, with other dogs" I am NOT going to risk this with Vegas because he does not have an aggressive bone in his body. She never would say how much for re-homing. I don't think it is about moving to Texas, it is about the "cost" of her upkeep.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION].... Sounds like you were smart to pass on this one. I only hope that she finds a good home that will fullfil her needs. You'll find that special bullie brother/sister for Vegas when the time is right. :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How sad for you to get your hopes up. Even more sad for this bully to have an owner who doesnt love it the way we all love our pups. Heartbreaking. :down: You are right to pass on this one and yes you will get your pup soon enough.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sounds as if the temperature/climate change between Texas and Florida was just an excuse. The owner obviously doesn't know/care how to look after a bullie. I wouldn't take the dog either with the aggression issues that they say she has. Maybe you should email this lady back with the details of her local english bulldog rescue organization!!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Sorry to hear this didn't work out for you but your baby comes first!!! I hope she does ok.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.