Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Debating Switching Puppy Food

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Debating Switching Puppy Food

I was recommended by petsmart to put my bulldog on Large Breed chicken & rice puppy food and I noticed she put on a lot of weight, was shedding and had horrible gas. They recommended 2.5/3 cups a day which I thought was way to much. The famous moto I live by is, you get what you inspect not what you expect. So I called blue buffalo directly to talk with their trained professionals and I was pointed in the direction to which to blue buffalo's lamb & oatmeal puppy food which eliminates a lot of fats, it's still a good source of protein but without all the fat. In the 4 weeks that we've made the switch Sadie's shedding is very minimal, she still has gas but it is not the fowl smell she was putting off lol and the body is starting to look more trimmed out also I've seen some of you say that you have your bully's on blue's wilderness food and I have to add that food is a REALLY high protein food meant for very active dogs and having your bully on it could lead to some major weight issues down the road. And also the professionals at blue said that it is recommended to have a bully on puppy food for at least a year possibly up to a 1yr 1/2. I hope I was able to help with your issue

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Debating Switching Puppy Food

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemysadie View Post
    I was recommended by petsmart to put my bulldog on Large Breed chicken & rice puppy food and I noticed she put on a lot of weight, was shedding and had horrible gas. They recommended 2.5/3 cups a day which I thought was way to much. The famous moto I live by is, you get what you inspect not what you expect. So I called blue buffalo directly to talk with their trained professionals and I was pointed in the direction to which to blue buffalo's lamb & oatmeal puppy food which eliminates a lot of fats, it's still a good source of protein but without all the fat. In the 4 weeks that we've made the switch Sadie's shedding is very minimal, she still has gas but it is not the fowl smell she was putting off lol and the body is starting to look more trimmed out also I've seen some of you say that you have your bully's on blue's wilderness food and I have to add that food is a REALLY high protein food meant for very active dogs and having your bully on it could lead to some major weight issues down the road. And also the professionals at blue said that it is recommended to have a bully on puppy food for at least a year possibly up to a 1yr 1/2. I hope I was able to help with your issue

That is very helpful, I am going to switch to the lamb and oatmeal I believe and see if things happen to change. Appreciate the feedback I did not know they even made that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads