He swallowed a Buffalo Chicken wing..

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My husband was eating chicken wings for dinner. He dropped one, and Blue got it to it before either of us (amazing how fast they move for food).
I tried getting it out of his mouth, but he decided to swallow the thing whole before I could.

Should I be worried? He's not choking or anything. Is he gonna poop it out? Can it cause obstruction? I have no idea what to do.. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH.... I would hope it comes out the other end, but if have no idea

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my Dozer swallowed a Chinese food sweet and sour spare rib bone last year, and he was fine, he did eventually
pass it. Regular chicken bones can be a problem because they can splinter, but because it was a buffalo chicken wing, they are much, smaller and the bones are thinner or finer than regular chicken bones, so I think he will be okay and pass it. Also dogs have a different stomach acid than we do, which pretty much dissolves everything they eat, and they are able to digest things better than us, and things that we wouldn't be able to digest. I know you'll worry as we all do when our babies swallow stuff, they are so quick, and so food oriented. I would just keep an eye on him for now, and watch for any symptoms of obstruction like vomiting, diarrhea, or drooling. I honestly think he will be fine though, as it wasn't a big bone. How long ago did he swallow it? I've read on here that some people have given their dogs some hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting, but I have no experience with this, and do t know how much you would give, also I think it has to be given right away or soon after swallowing something, for it to work. Maybe someone on here has experience with this and will come along and be able to offer some advice. I hope Blue is okay, and is able to digest and pass the bone. Please keep us posted on how he's doing. Sending love, hugs, and prayers to you and Blue that everything is okay.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks ladies. Blue seems to have the worst luck, so I'm just nervous.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My boxer Roxie has eaten chicken bones, and Bella swallowed a LIVE baby bird... God Help ME!!! In both cases I just watched them for any vomiting or pooping issues... of course both were fine. I did call the vets, but they said unless there was an issue that to just keep an eye on them. Bella actually vomited the bird bones almost 2 weeks later... :eek: I'm sure that Blue will be fine... it happens!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
He'll be fine! Was it a hot wing? It may burn a little coming out..at least that's what happens when I eat them.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh Blueberry Muffin! You are an amazing boy! I hope everything works out well!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] yes, it was a hot wing.. lol

Spoke with my vet. She said to watch him. If he starts to vomit, take him in for an x-ray.

Pretty much what you guys said.

So much for going into the office tomorrow. So grateful I have the option of working from home.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
He'll be fine! Was it a hot wing? It may burn a little coming out..at least that's what happens when I eat them.

Good Lord, you are killing me slowly!!! LOL :haha:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'd call the vet just to be safe and probably just keep an eye on him closely over the next several days and check all his poops. I would hope the bone doesn't turn sideways (not sure if that would happen but I would be concerned cause I'm a worry wort that way). Can't blame him for wanting a chicken wing though.

OMG!!! :lmao:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It should pass okay, of course you'll worry, just keep an eye for signs,
I really think he'll be fine. It IS amazing how fast they are when they
want to be! Will pray Blue is fine and sending you big hugs, dear friend :)

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I can't tell you how many chicken bones Twinkie (my parent's Chihuahua) has eaten over the past 12 years and she is tiny. She's fine after all of that so I don't think you have anything to worry about with blue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone.

Does anyone know if dogs can digest cooked chicken bones? Should I be looking for it in his poop, or..... :eek:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.