brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I will try to post a pic later, but Brutus has raised bumps on the underside of is chin. They look like pimples. I have been applying witchhazel but not to consistently. I have no idea what it is. Maybe acne?? Maybe being wet from drinking water? :help1:What can I do to make it go away? It does not bother him. I just googled it and it definetly looks like acne. Any solutions?

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yep, sounds like a case of chin acne which both Finn and Tate have had before. Definitely keep area clean and dry, especially after drinking and eating. Sometimes, if the acne starts bleeding or worsens oral antibiotics may need to be prescribed. Also use stainless steel bowls instead of plastic.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep, sounds like a case of chin acne which both Finn and Tate have had before. Definitely keep area clean and dry, especially after drinking and eating. Sometimes, if the acne starts bleeding or worsens oral antibiotics may need to be prescribed. Also use stainless steel bowls instead of plastic.

I have flat bottomed stainless bowls and I try to limit the plastic toys as well. He once had a rubber tire toy that he loved but I noticed it irritated his chin so I threw it away. Can I put anything besides the witch hazel on it to make it go away?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We use ceramic as most of the dogs we had had allergy to staines steel (believe it or not) and plastic

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I have flat bottomed stainless bowls and I try to limit the plastic toys as well. He once had a rubber tire toy that he loved but I noticed it irritated his chin so I threw it away. Can I put anything besides the witch hazel on it to make it go away?

Witch hazel will mainly sooth the irritated skin; you can try using some Duoxo pads on it which is basically chlorhexidine.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster had a very bad case of chacne and our vet recommended the Duoxo pads and they're relatively inexpensive on Amazon.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster had a very bad case of chacne and our vet recommended the Duoxo pads and they're relatively inexpensive on Amazon.
I am going on right now to order this. Thanks so much.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The gang has you covered.... good luck clearing him up

mzza111

May 16, 2013
Orange County, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy (May 2013- March 2015)
Witch hazel will mainly sooth the irritated skin; you can try using some Duoxo pads on it which is basically chlorhexidine.

Are the Duoxo pads equivalent to Hibiclens? Gypsy has the same thing and I'm cleaning it with generic CVS brand Hibiclens.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
We use ceramic as most of the dogs we had had allergy to staines steel (believe it or not) and plastic
Wow pati I never knew that could be possible. You mean with all the food changes I've done it could be the stainless bowl.?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Are the Duoxo pads equivalent to Hibiclens? Gypsy has the same thing and I'm cleaning it with generic CVS brand Hibiclens.

Hibiclens is slightly higher in chlorhexidine concentration than the duoxo pad, but yes, essentially the same medication that should help w/the chin acne.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Wow pati I never knew that could be possible. You mean with all the food changes I've done it could be the stainless bowl.?

It is possible -my american bulldog boy when i took him from the shelter (they use Staines steel )had a horrible rash ,as soon as i purchased ceramic bowls -few weeks after it cleared up
I didnt put anything on it ,i suppose i wanted to see if he could be having allergic reaction to stainless steel -i get same reaction every time i wear my watch or a belt for a whole day

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online