Soon to be foster mom........

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
So I'm finally going to get a foster (hubby still not keen about it, but not divorcing me yet either...lol) I will find out more this week when she will be here. I am a bit nervous, would have been anyway but she is blind also so it's adding to my nerves. Have done a lot of reading and hoping the adjustment will be easy as it is for so many. Otis is so good with other dogs that I'm also hoping he will adjust well too. I'll keep you all posted, wish me luck!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congratulations Lynn!!! I would so LOVE to foster, but right now I have way too much on my plate :( I had a diabetic cat that was also blind towards the end, and honestly after an adjustment period he seemed fine... I'm sure that everything will work out great. Good Luck & keep us posted!!! ;)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yay, I'm happy for you that you are finally getting another baby. I think Otis will help the new dog adjust. Post pics asap!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Congratulations Lynn and Thank You for fostering and helping a bully in need. I'm sure everything will be fine, and she and Otis will adjust, and so will your husband. Lol. Keep us posted on how it's going, and I'm looking forward to pictures of your new baby.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thanks everyone, I'm BEYOND excited.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That's fantastic LynnA, thank you for opening your home! I know you've been wanting to do this awhile so I'm sure you are nervous, but just remember you are going to help make a difference. Don't forget pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I agree congrats and thanks!!! I would love to foster but will have to wait a bit, we are hoping for a move soon from the military!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well congrats and bless you for taking in a special needs bully. Once she gets settled in, she will give you more love than you could imagine.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
being a foster mom is great!!! Thank you for stepping up. There are so many rescues and so, so many bulliles and not enough space to put them that the rescues are in desperate need of foster homes. I love being a foster mom

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Good luck and congrats! I know it's something you've been wanting to do for quite some time!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
FANTASTIC!!! Best of luck and please post pics of her when she arrives

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm eager to hear how things go with your new foster bully, Lynn! How exciting for you and thank you for opening your home and your heart :)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Wonderful news Lynn. I bet Otis helps your new baby out! Hubby will come around...you know how those bullies suck us in. I'd love to foster, but Mr. Dudley believes he should be an ONLY child!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.