deer antler

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
So I took Mac Daddy to the deer lease this last weekend and we were out roaming around and he found a deer antler shed from last year, is it alright that he can have it?

I know you can buy them and I assume they are the same thing but I just thought I ask to see if anyone knew.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I asked this question b/c my husband is a Hunter and the answer was yes! Even better b/c it's free! I was shocked at theh price of them at petsmart! I told my husband any deer that someone doesn't care about the antlers at the club get em!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes they are fine but be sure to watch them as antlers can break teeth.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Good to know, I have a few bucks I see wandering around my backyard every so often. Maybe I'll get lucky and find an antler one day! Although I just bought one! :( lol

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
good to enough, he thinks it is the coolest thing, he can play with since it will rock back and forth when its sitting a certain way on the ground

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I don't see why not. I'd give it a good scrubbing/cleaning first though. Not sure if that would matter or not. Like [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] said, they can, and have, broke teeth on them. What you really gotta watch out for is if it's dry and brittle as that will break and splinter. My guys love dear/elk antlers. :up:

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
yes they can, Chesty loves them and i get mine free too! Only because my dad is a hunter.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I got the elk antlers for my dogs, but I just found out yesterday that the boxer Roxie broke her canine tooth!!! I'm assuming it was from the antlers, but it's weird I didn't find the tip of the tooth anywhere... gosh I guess she swallowed it?!! :unsure:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes.. they are the smae .... as Jeannie stated.. just clean it up and good to go

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.