porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Porky is one of my favorite girl bullies here. I adore her face and always love seeing you post pics.
But, she does look a bit chunky in the pic. No less beautiful, just a little chunky.

I know I just don't know what to do if I cut her food anymore she gets lethargic n just lays around n pukes a lot I'm actually wondering if she has an under active thyroid anyone know if that's common in bullies??? She's soooooo active she naps while I shower n get ready for work but as soon as I'm done she's begging to go back out n play so I take her n she runs!!!! A lot lol we actually named one of her games her crazy puppy laps she will do laps around our well house (about 10) as fast as she can then unwind herself by going in the opposite direction :D I gotta get vids of that ;)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I hear ya on the laps, Blue does the same. We call it loony tunes time. It's like a cartoon. He always winds up running into something because he can't stop in time.

Anyway, what you can do is substitute something like half a cup of food per day with Green beans. Just mix it in. Did you see the link I posted on page 1 of this thread? http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?12867-Vegas-stew-anyone [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] had a thread on it. I've used it and Blue loves it. You can add less or more of a specific ingredient if Porky doesn't like something.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I hear ya on the laps, Blue does the same. We call it loony tunes time. It's like a cartoon. He always winds up running into something because he can't stop in time.

Anyway, what you can do is substitute something like half a cup of food per day with Green beans. Just mix it in. Did you see the link I posted on page 1 of this thread? http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?12867-Vegas-stew-anyone [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] had a thread on it. I've used it and Blue loves it. You can add less or more of a specific ingredient if Porky doesn't like something.

That stuff is good :) porky hates it tho she's so damn picky :( I ended up eating it n laughed cuz I'd take it to work n be like haha I'm eating dog food lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Cut back her food by just a little, like 1/4 c a day and then give her a supplement instead. That should help boost her energy. Does she like rice cakes? It will take longer for her drop the weight but even 1/4 c will eventually make an impact.

Also, you can try canned green beans instead if fresh frozen. Just get unsalted kind. Sometimes they will like those if they don't like the fresh ones.

You will be amazed at the difference even 1lb makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That's crazy! Loki is currently at about 63lbs and our vet said that he looks perfect! It all depends on the bully I think.

This really depends on the vet. When Blue had his surgery, the vet said get him down 10-12lbs pronto. My regular vet doesn't think Blue's really over weight. She just said to watch him carefully and if I decide to put him on a diet, 3-4lbs is enough. Well he's down about 3lbs now and I want him down another 3.
They all have differing opinions.

Cut back her food by just a little, like 1/4 c a day and then give her a supplement instead. That should help boost her energy. Does she like rice cakes? It will take longer for her drop the weight but even 1/4 c will eventually make an impact.

Also, you can try canned green beans instead if fresh frozen. Just get unsalted kind. Sometimes they will like those if they don't like the fresh ones.

So true about even 1lb. You can instantly see a difference with these guys.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
They're gorgeous!! Wilson's a lean 60 and he has a waistline just like them. I think they're perfect. They have a beautiful stance and good looking heads, ears and paws on them. :love:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow.... That are great looking bullies

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW all the bullies on here are beautiful :luv: BUT this thread is freaking me OUT!!! I just took Winston in for his eye recheck & he gained 2 more pounds... he's at 58 pounds and he's only 10 months old!!! He only gets 1 1/4cup of Fromms twice a day, and maybe 2 treats. I can incorporate more veggies & fruits in but good grief his kibble intake is going to be low. Is this healthy?!! :confused:

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
WOW all the bullies on here are beautiful :luv: BUT this thread is freaking me OUT!!! I just took Winston in for his eye recheck & he gained 2 more pounds... he's at 58 pounds and he's only 10 months old!!! He only gets 1 1/4cup of Fromms twice a day, and maybe 2 treats. I can incorporate more veggies & fruits in but good grief his kibble intake is going to be low. Is this healthy?!! :confused:

Porky only gets 1 1/2 cups total for the day :( so ur in my boat

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I have a 5 year old white female named Sugar who weighs 50lbs. She eats 1 cup of dog food a day in the evening. It is the Royal Canin hypoallergenic. She is allergic to everything. LOL She is very healthy. Her problem is she doesn't move off the sectional all day while I work. Pork is beautiful and healthy looking.

Thank u :) sugar is adorabull ;) I could neverrrrr have a white bully as pretty as they r where we live he/she wouldn't stay white very long :D

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky

She doesn't like veggies at all n I think that's y she doesn't like the Vegas stew :/ she lovessssssss fruit tho I mean if I eat an apple she slaps me until I give her a piece butttttt idt fruit is all that great for dogs either I mixed her food tonight with no sugar added applesauce n she just about chewed the bowl to make sure she got it all but I know fruit is naturally high in sugars even no sugar added has a lot of sugar in it!! She loves cantaloupe to but lol I just don't know about the fruit I don't want to turn her into a diabetic dog just so she will lose weight!!! I did cut her food back for a few days she got 1/2 cup the last 2 mornings n 3/4 cup the last 2 nights n the applesauce tonight n this morning I woke up to her puking on the bed :( I'm stumped!! I don't want her to be overweight n unhealthy but I also don't want to underfed her n make her unhealthy

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She doesn't like veggies at all n I think that's y she doesn't like the Vegas stew :/ she lovessssssss fruit tho I mean if I eat an apple she slaps me until I give her a piece butttttt idt fruit is all that great for dogs either I mixed her food tonight with no sugar added applesauce n she just about chewed the bowl to make sure she got it all but I know fruit is naturally high in sugars even no sugar added has a lot of sugar in it!! She loves cantaloupe to but lol I just don't know about the fruit I don't want to turn her into a diabetic dog just so she will lose weight!!! I did cut her food back for a few days she got 1/2 cup the last 2 mornings n 3/4 cup the last 2 nights n the applesauce tonight n this morning I woke up to her puking on the bed :( I'm stumped!! I don't want her to be overweight n unhealthy but I also don't want to underfed her n make her unhealthy

So she only gets 1.5 c per day? That should be sufficient for weight management, it may not help her lose but that should not make her gain either....

What is the food she is currently on? Maybe it has fat content.... yes fruits are good for them, but not if they are dieting, the sugar turns into extra calories.

Last thought, you may want to have her thyroid tested. She is not eating much food, and if she is still gaining when you are watching so carefully, it makes me suspicious.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
So she only gets 1.5 c per day? That should be sufficient for weight management, it may not help her lose but that should not make her gain either....

What is the food she is currently on? Maybe it has fat content.... yes fruits are good for them, but not if they are dieting, the sugar turns into extra calories.

Last thought, you may want to have her thyroid tested. She is not eating much food, and if she is still gaining when you are watching so carefully, it makes me suspicious.

Yup 1 1/2 cups a day she eats fromms beef frittata!! I was thinking hypothyroidism too bcuz she's wicked active n plays pretty much all day even when we aren't in the house she plays with her toys non stop doesn't eat much drinks a lot of water but she has been at 60 lbs for almost a year now n has only fluctuated a few oz up n down!!! I just had her at the vets Tuesday for her eye n fleas n she weighed 60.2 lbs n 3 months ago she weighed 60.1 lbs n 3 months b4 that she weighed 60.4 lbs!!! She just doesn't act like she has an under active thyroid, with humans they'd be sluggish hardly eat n gain weight n hyperthyroidism would be the opposite skinny eat all the time n just keep losing weight

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online