1st walk

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
So meaty can go out on Saturday finalyy yeahhhhhhh... Just thinking how long should his first walk be ??
aqymyma7.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:walk::walk::walk::rundog:Hi, OMG. He is so super cute. With walks, every bully is different, so you have to gage it by your individual dog. I have two EB's, they are siblings, and litter mates, they are both 21 months old, and weigh 45 lbs each. They are so different from each other, and have very different personalities. I have a male named Bulldozer, who we call Dozer, but sometimes he gets called Dozey, because he's so lazy. Lol. He is the most laid back guy, who would love nothing better than to sleep all day, and cuddle. He absolutely hates to walk, and will walk for about 10 minutes, then flop, and refuse to go any further. I feel bad because we take his sister Blossom for longer walks. She loves to walk, and is so full of energy all the time, she would walk for hours, if I let her, but this is not good for bullies either. Some things you want to look out for and watch, are the weather. It doesn't say where you are from, I am from Canada, and we get extreme heat, and extreme cold temperatures, neither of which EB's tolerate very well. They don't handle the heat very well, and so need to be closely monitored in warm weather. You don't want to let them out for very long if the weather is too hot, as they can overheat easily, and will pant. And very quickly can become sick, or die. When it is hot we go out for our longer walks early in the morning, or later in the evening when it is cooler, at these times, we can walk for 15 or 20 minutes, and we let them have a run at the park, or down by the river behind our house. During the day on a hot day, we will only go out for a quick pee or poop, and then back inside in the air conditioning. On a cold day, we will go on shorter long walks, usually no more than 15 or 20 minutes, and they will wear a sweater. The rest of the day, is short potty breaks. At this time of the year, or in the spring it is perfect weather for them to be outside, and for longer walks, and you don't have to worry about the temperatures. You still have to watch that they don't over exercise, and should look out for panting, excessive drooling, breathing hard, or breathing problems, you don't want to over do it. Like I said, each bully is different, and some can, and like to walk more than others, and have more stamina than others. For a first walk, I would try a short 15 to 20 minute walk, and watch him. Look for the signs, of panting, drooling, tiredness, or any distress, and bring lots of water for him to drink. If he has no signs of the above, and he likes to walk, then you can go on longer walks, as long as its not too hot or too cold. EB's don't require too much exercise, but they do need some to keep healthy, and keep their weight down, as well as so they don't become bored. Start with a short walk, and then gage by his personality, and how he does, and then you can adjust it longer or shorter, according to how he does. Be aware of the Puparazzi, and be prepared to take an hour to walk a block, because everyone will gravitate to your bully, and the cuteness factor. When we walk with our guys, everyone wants to pet them, and talk, and so many people ask to take their pictures with their cell phones, cameras, or I-pads. It's so funny, and takes us forever to walk down the road. Enjoy.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
You can walk until he gets tired. Rocco used to get beat after ten min but he has slowly been increasing that time!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
:walk::walk::walk::rundog:Hi, OMG. He is so super cute. With walks, every bully is different, so you have to gage it by your individual dog. I have two EB's, they are siblings, and litter mates, they are both 21 months old, and weigh 45 lbs each. They are so different from each other, and have very different personalities. I have a male named Bulldozer, who we call Dozer, but sometimes he gets called Dozey, because he's so lazy. Lol. He is the most laid back guy, who would love nothing better than to sleep all day, and cuddle. He absolutely hates to walk, and will walk for about 10 minutes, then flop, and refuse to go any further. I feel bad because we take his sister Blossom for longer walks. She loves to walk, and is so full of energy all the time, she would walk for hours, if I let her, but this is not good for bullies either. Some things you want to look out for and watch, are the weather. It doesn't say where you are from, I am from Canada, and we get extreme heat, and extreme cold temperatures, neither of which EB's tolerate very well. They don't handle the heat very well, and so need to be closely monitored in warm weather. You don't want to let them out for very long if the weather is too hot, as they can overheat easily, and will pant. And very quickly can become sick, or die. When it is hot we go out for our longer walks early in the morning, or later in the evening when it is cooler, at these times, we can walk for 15 or 20 minutes, and we let them have a run at the park, or down by the river behind our house. During the day on a hot day, we will only go out for a quick pee or poop, and then back inside in the air conditioning. On a cold day, we will go on shorter long walks, usually no more than 15 or 20 minutes, and they will wear a sweater. The rest of the day, is short potty breaks. At this time of the year, or in the spring it is perfect weather for them to be outside, and for longer walks, and you don't have to worry about the temperatures. You still have to watch that they don't over exercise, and should look out for panting, excessive drooling, breathing hard, or breathing problems, you don't want to over do it. Like I said, each bully is different, and some can, and like to walk more than others, and have more stamina than others. For a first walk, I would try a short 15 to 20 minute walk, and watch him. Look for the signs, of panting, drooling, tiredness, or any distress, and bring lots of water for him to drink. If he has no signs of the above, and he likes to walk, then you can go on longer walks, as long as its not too hot or too cold. EB's don't require too much exercise, but they do need some to keep healthy, and keep their weight down, as well as so they don't become bored. Start with a short walk, and then gage by his personality, and how he does, and then you can adjust it longer or shorter, according to how he does. Be aware of the Puparazzi, and be prepared to take an hour to walk a block, because everyone will gravitate to your bully, and the cuteness factor. When we walk with our guys, everyone wants to pet them, and talk, and so many people ask to take their pictures with their cell phones, cameras, or I-pads. It's so funny, and takes us forever to walk down the road. Enjoy.

Aww great. Thanks for the advice. Bully's are the best x

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We started out slow at first just walking around the yard. Now Harlea can walk for about an hour or two now, but the only place other than our street that we take her is PetSmart at least once a week because of the crime at the dog parks near us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You have good advice form the crew..... just wanted to say -- WHAT A CUTIE PIE!!!!!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
So CUTE! I wanna hug that baby bully all day! So...here's my Dudley's first walk story! Dudley will be 3 the day after Christmas, so it was a while ago. We had a harness for my iittle boy...he was probably 9 or 10 weeks old. He HATED the harness...hated it. So...first walk...I take him out the front door and he gambols down the walk. A few neighbors are out (it's a townhouse community)...he walks a couple of squares of sidewalk and stops dead. Sits. Then lays down with his head between his paws. Neighbors are hysterical! He looked so stinkin' cute...I'll never forget it. He would not budge. We had to pick him up. Now, I will tell you...he did get the hang of it and we walk all over now...for miles, but I'll always remember his first walk. Good luck!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow he's already grown! Great advice above, stick with short walks to see how he does. What a cutie pie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
So cute!!!! Chesty at first hated walks you mention it he would lay down and not move you pick him up and get him on his feet and try to walk he would just lay down it was not going to happen, now though you mention walk and hes at the door waiting!!!! needless to say they are not long walk about 10 mins and as soon as we get home he gets a drink and takes a 2 hour nap!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Actually, I would wanna stay home and cuddle with that cutie pie ALL DAY!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
When we first started walking Daisy she only wanted to walk for two mins.. lol She hated walks. Still doesnt like them very much.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.