had a good day and even a worse nite

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
so we officially have a dog park here!!! took the boys and they had a blast and did so well... we had to pull bo off a few females, and lex made a best friend a bull terrier. they chased each other rolled around on the ground they were inseperable... no pics left phone in the truck..

so after the park we go to petsmart to get lex's toes done. the lady kept trying to pawn us off on a diff lady and she really wasnt happy about doing his toes. i told jeff that maybe we should go and come back a different time, well we stayed. she had lex on the floor she did his right paw no problem. she goes to do his left leg and pulled it over towards her. lex goes to move his leg and she pulls his leg and when this happens lexs leg goes around in a big circle and she's pulling . "dont forget this is the same leg bo used as a starting block and ended up at the er vet." i say something and she looks at me and drops his leg. omg when i saw this i was pissed i was about to go grab lex and leave... she did his back with no problem "guess he was tired from all that running"... we get home lex falls asleep as soon as we get home, slept all nite and now he is really limping on his left leg and he wont even get up to walk on it.. reminds me of the day we took him the the er vet. as im writing this jeff tells me he has seen them do this before :angry: ive never witnessed it and i am one pissed off bullie momma.. i will be making a call to that store and complain and if lex isnt better :pray: guess its back to the vet :*(

WE WILL NEVER GO BACK AGAIN!!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I wonder why they had such a tude? I hate the fact that they put a noose around thier neck, therefore I will never have Orions nails done. Someone had the brilliant idea of placing the dog high up on the counter...and that has worked for us.

bbstubbles

Jan 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf & Ivana
Sorry to hear this happen to you! I used to have a cockapoo that obviously had to be grooomed. We would always take him to a local groomer (did a great job) but they were booked up solid (this was made his 3rd or 4th time being groomed) so I made a dumb decision and took him to petsmart. Well when a couple months passed and I needed to groom him again I took him back to the local grooomer. Well guess what? He became agitated as soon as he heard the clipper noise! Compeletly unmanagable and aggressive. Even tried getting meds from vet to tranquiilize him and that didnt even work! After that I had to pay $100 per grooming to take him to a vet to put him to sleep to groom him! HORRIBLE. All I can put together is that they did something to him when he was groomed at petsmart. I will never take any dog there again. I can really understand where you are coming from with this situation. I suggest finding a local place or clipping them yourself! I hope everything is ok!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Wow...you should be pissed off. Definately complain about them. They need to know that it only takes 1 customer to complain and that 1 customer could lose them several more customers. I won't go there! Sorry you had such a let down at the end of a good day! Glad to hear the dog park went so well.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh no thats awful, I am so sorry! I worry about that so much when I take Samson because he broke his front leg like 4 years ago. He rarely needs his nails done but he regularly needs the "gland expression" but I get that done at our vet. I always remind them he has a bum leg and to be careful. I'd make sure no matter where you go to point out that he has an injured leg and they need to be especially careful. Hope lex heals up soon!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How awful, so sorry to hear this. :( Let us know what happens

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well as of now lex is walking around fine and not limping :whew: jeff wants to call petmart and talk to them, so when he gets back from picking the girls up hes gonna make that phone call

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well jeff called them and they said if we need to take lex to the vet and get him looked at that they will cover the cost!!! wow i was waiting for a comment like well guess he hurt it somewhere else or something along that line.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
well jeff called them and they said if we need to take lex to the vet and get him looked at that they will cover the cost!!! wow i was waiting for a comment like well guess he hurt it somewhere else or something along that line.

WOW I wasn't expecting such a good response either! That is awesome! Still a crappy situation but that is awesome that they aren't at least trying to make it better!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I wonder why they had such a tude? I hate the fact that they put a noose around thier neck, therefore I will never have Orions nails done. Someone had the brilliant idea of placing the dog high up on the counter...and that has worked for us.

[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION],This is where I take Vegas every 3 weeks, In fact we just got back, they all know him by now and actually roll their eyes when I walk in with him, and pawn him off on each other, he is terrible and I know it, but I get pissed every month about the tude's they give me. I just don't have anywhere else to take him that will clip and dremmel his nails, even my vet only clips. They do place him on a table but no noose, and it does take 3 girls to do it, but that IS their job!! And since I know it takes 3 girls I usually get the last laugh about them trying to pawn him off. HOW IS LEX DOING NOW??????

Last edited:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Awwe poor bully and glad its all better and wow usually you never get a good response from a store maybe they have had issues with the employee before!

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] it usaully takes 2 to 3 people to do his toes guess he was worn out after the dog park lol....
[MENTION=21]bbstubbles[/MENTION] that might be another option for us.... jeff is wanting to try to do it ourselves and i told him good luck lmao...

well this is what lex did most of the afternoon which isnt like him, hes usually up playing with all of us :( not sure if he was thinking that if he laid on me i wouldnt have to go to work or he just didnt feel good and needed some momma loving... he rarely cuddles especially for so long

Photo0668[1].jpg

im still in shock that they will cover all costs if they injure a animal :eek: i told jeff last nite if they tell us to go $#%* off they arent gonna do anything then i will never ever step foot in that place again!!!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Are they going to cover all costs using one of their vets? Or at your vet? [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION]

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] we can take him to our own vet!!!!

now the question is should we still take him to get his leg looked at "just to make sure" our just leave it alone... i say take him in since it'll be 2 incidents with the same leg andjeff says karma is a %$*% and we should just leave it alone if nothings wrong....

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Well...I say, trust your instincts. You know him better than anyone. If you feel he is hurting..do what you need to do.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.