TedinVegas

Oct 9, 2013
Las Vegas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ted
Hello everyone! Happy Saturday :happydance:

Could anyone recommend a good doggy insurance for my Ted. He might need eye surgery and if so we could hardly afford it :*(
Thank you :salute:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We have Trupanion. But if it's a pre-existing condition, I don't know of any companies that will cover it. There's also a 30 day wait with Trupanion. Any illness in the first 30 days of coverage, will not be paid.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
In uk they dont cover pre existing condition + if something happens within first 14 days (sometimes more) they wont cover it neither -when we apply for insurance they ask about dog health etc so if you wont mention eye and vet thinks it developed way before you insured your dog they wont pay up
It happened with lily -her cherries popped out within first 7 days -and anything to do with eyes we need to pay
Same with Shy skin allergy

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I just started w/Trupanion, and I haven't made a claim yet...

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I have PetPlan for Dudley, but I don't think they'll cover any pre-existing either.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I just started w/Trupanion, and I haven't made a claim yet...

My hospital bill for Blues Cherry Eyes, Palate/everted saccules surgery and X-rays were close to 4k (was done in an Animal Hospital with different surgeons involved). I received an email last Thursday from Trupanion that they're reviewing the claim now.
The procedures were done on Sept. 23rd and it's now almost a month later. I'm hoping they pay up.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have Trupanion as well and the only thing covered before the 30 day waiting period is over are accidents that occur either 7 or 14 days days after policy initiation. Another option out there is Care Credit which is a credit card that is used specifically for vet expenses and even some humam ones.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have Trupanion as well and have had good experiences with them in the past (aside from raising my premium)!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I was thinking about getting trupanion myself. The quote I received was about $43 a month. I'm trying to decide on deductible and monthly premium. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I was thinking about getting trupanion myself. The quote I received was about $43 a month. I'm trying to decide on deductible and monthly premium. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Its all what you are willing to pay and what you can afford. We personally went with the $0 deductible option.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We pay $90 a month, but I also have a 9 year old boxer and that was expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My hospital bill for Blues Cherry Eyes, Palate/everted saccules surgery and X-rays were close to 4k (was done in an Animal Hospital with different surgeons involved). I received an email last Thursday from Trupanion that they're reviewing the claim now.
The procedures were done on Sept. 23rd and it's now almost a month later. I'm hoping they pay up.

I love your signature picture. Blue is growing up so handsome! I hope he's doing well after his surgeries.

Bulldogmd

Sep 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
Hello, sorry to hear your EB had to have those procedures done. I'm looking for vet insurance for Bronson, do you have any suggestion?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.