lip discoloration?!?

samnie

Jun 29, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
samnie
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382144168.490617.jpg im seeing pink spots around samnie's mouth...is this normal? there's a lot more on her lower lip that's under her upper lip. also she's licking her lips a LOT. is a trip to vet necessary? thanks!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm having a hard time seeing it as well. Maybe acne? You can try witch hazel on a cotton ball and apply to area.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I see the areas of pinkish where they used to be black on the upper lip...i think this is what you're referring to, right? is there any ulceration or anything else associated with the pink color? Could be vitiligo, where there's a loss of pigmentation. I don't think it's cause for alarm however but you may run it by your vet to be on the safe side. As far as licking lips...could be her lips are dry or chapped? or maybe thirstier than normal?

OP
samnie

samnie

Jun 29, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
samnie
I see the areas of pinkish where they used to be black on the upper lip...i think this is what you're referring to, right? is there any ulceration or anything else associated with the pink color? Could be vitiligo, where there's a loss of pigmentation. I don't think it's cause for alarm however but you may run it by your vet to be on the safe side. As far as licking lips...could be her lips are dry or chapped? or maybe thirstier than normal?

yes - the pink spots. and no ulceration, just the spots. thanks! i will talk to her vet and ask.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
One of my bullies got the same thing years ago when constantly licking, hers ended up being secondary to a skin infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
yes - the pink spots. and no ulceration, just the spots. thanks! i will talk to her vet and ask.

Wouldn't it be him growing the skin is going to move around. Just like humans when you are little you may have a birthmark on your lower back and move up or down as you grow. Sorry I still see nothing wrong. But you are the parent. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.