Treats.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all just woundering what treats u give ur bully's. Cocos one and a half and meatys 9 week so has to be suitable for there age. Tia x

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
At times we use the Fromm's 4 star grain free treats, but that is on rare occasions. Most of the time we give her various fruits and veggies for treats as well as yogurt and fruit cubes and kefir. As it is starting to cool off we will start making pumpkin and banana biscuits and other warm snacks for Harlea.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, we do the same as Todd (Marine91), we give our guys, plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble, for the probiotics, they also get frozen yogurt occasionally, they get half a banana each about twice a week, as it's higher in sugar, we give them strawberries, cut up apples, baby carrots, green beans, cheese strings, we give them wellness duck and lamb soft chew treats occasionally, but if we are training them, or bribing them, lol. Or wanting th EM to come or do something we just use a couple of pieces of their own kibble. I occasionally home bake my own natural dog treats, using ingredients like oats, peanut butter, applesauce, bananas. There are a lot of great recipes from members on this site, under the food and nutrition forum, and you can also find a lot of recipes on the Internet. When starting out with treats, it's best to give just one type at a time and use it for a week, this way you will know which one they don't tolerate, or have any allergic reaction to, then you can eliminate that one.

Last edited:
OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks guys. Coco is really fussy were as meaty would eat anything. !!! Gonna look for sum recipes. I want to keep there coats and them as healthy as possible :). Is cheese cubes a good treat or they fatty ? X

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We do the same as the advice above... if I do buy treats I try to make sure they are grain-free, Wellness has some good choices and so does Fromm. My dogs love the yogurt added in w/their kibble, or veggies... I'm really trying to cut back on the treats because Winston is a BIG baby. Plus when my 2 year old grandson is here, he is constantly getting "snacks" from him... LOL

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I make turkey meatballs! Tucker will do ANYTHING, for a nom nom. I put sweet potatoe, egg,1/2 # gr turkey, cheese, whatever you want bake at 350 for 35 min they last all week.

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
So I do the same thing as the other posters above minus the cheese & yogurt thanks to Winston's tummy. He'll get bananas, strawberries, cucumbers, green beans, broccoli (which he LOVES to make a mess of), carrots and a bunch of other fruits / veggies.

Instead of the cheese / yogurt I'll give him bully sticks and some chicken jerky that's high in protein, but low in fat. You can get them from pet stores or online (I prefer Amazon for the bully sticks because you can get a full lb for $20 - if you want I can post the link). The chicken jerky is made by Blue Buffalo and is 100% chicken breast just dried out. He loves it, the cat, not so much (although Fergus would eat potato chips if I let him...odd cat).

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June loves bell peppers, cheese, apples and frozen green beans. We also freeze greek yogurt and peanut butter in her kong to keep her busy sometimes. We also buy Fromms grain free treats and she loves those as well.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
We give Curly various types of treats by blue but he is most responsive to cheese treats so we use cheese to train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

cubbieman

Aug 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
heard Cranberry juice is good for them, but what about Craisins (dried up cranberries). Would that be good for a bulldog

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I give "Bravo! Bonus Bites" either in Lobster or Salmon. They're just freeze dried Lobster or Salmon, no other ingredients. They're also made in the U.S. You don't want to buy treats/food for your pup that are made in China.

I also have Fromm treats but find them too big so I always cut 'em up. Thing is, cutting them creates a mess and I lose a lot of the product. They may also be too big for a 9 week old puppy to swallow comfortably.
Really wish they made the Fromm treats smaller.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We use either their kibble, green beans of Fruitables

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Delilah's favorite treat is cheese. haha. :)

But I buy a little bit of everything..mostly grain free stuff. She doesn't eat kibble, I feed her raw, so I don't like to feed totally crappy treats. I make my own homemade ones quite a bit.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.