Hyper doggy!

CashesMomma

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash Storm
Sorry if I'm not doing this right, new to the site!! Anyone else have a hyper bully? Our Cash is 15 months old and when he is around ANY one new, he is out of control hyper!! Jumping, biting feet (nipping)...he ran my granddaughter over the other day, right off her feet! Not sure what we can do to calm him when people are around! Any ideas??

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Welcome! You are probably going to have to go back to basics, Firm "No's", time outs, etc. Once he sees his behavir is not acceptable and it will land him a time out he will start to get the hint. Just don't lose your patience and be persistant. I'm sure oters will chime in with more helpful hints!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN.... Toddler years, ahhh... :hissy: Yes, back to basics you go, leash him when company or new people are ove, teach him the behavior is not acceptable and consistency is key with all training.... Look up ' nothing in life is free'. Great training tool.... Also, when you know company is coming, take Cash for a long walk , get m tired and kill some of the energy before they arrive. A tired dog is a good dog

good luck and please keep us posted

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
When we get home we won't pet our dogs until they calm down and sit. Especially Mila the crazy little white dog. This seems to translate well when people come over. If that doesn't work shake a soda can filled with a few pennies. That will stop the jumping.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.