brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
In addition to trying to eat every shoe in the house, Brutus ate a sock last night so now we are on poop patrol. He is completely out of control for the last week and a half. I actually called the vet yesterday because he is chewing on things he never did before. I actually caught him trying to eat my bedroom wall. The vet said he thinks it is a combination of being hungry and that the weather is cooler so he isn't so tired and he is acting like a normal bulldog. The vet suggested that I increase his food to 2 1/2 cups per day instead of 2 and I can still give him his toppers in addition to the increase. I am hoping this works and he poops out the sock. Has anyone else had this happen. Brutus is 11 mos old.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Gunny (6 months) has had more energy too lately and this might be why. That is scary about the sock.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
wow hope he passes it and hes ok! How big was the sock? baby sock I hope!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Daisy ate a small dishrag earlier this week. Not my dog I think she belongs to [MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION] if I'm mistaken please correct me. She has been on poop patrol also.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Ups.... One of my foster dog was a "sock ,bra and everything else eater"
Hope Brutus pass this quickly -one way or another x

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It was a little sock so I hope he can pass it. So far he is eating, drinking, and pooping normal. He is driving us crazy. I think I am going to have my son take him on a few walks a day to tire him out.

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
IMG_0312.jpg
Hi Rosale,
Yes, my 17 month old Bulldog, does the same thing. I now crate her when I leave. She never use to eat things when I left for a few hours, making sure nothing was around for her to get into. She was fine for a few months. The first time she started to eat things was a month ago when I came home to my magazines and mail shredded all over the living room and kitchen. I will try to upload a picture. I asked her how she did it and I was amazed she jumped on my kitchen chair and onto the kitchen table where the mail was. The next day I came home to her eating a small hole on our leather couch and made the small hole in the wall larger, that the recliner hits. Finally I bought bitter apple and sprayed it on the couch and the wall. I came home to eating Frank Sinatra. She shredded the jacket of Frank Sintatra's album cover and actually ate a bite of the album. I called my vet immediately and she told me to watch for vomiting. She was fine, but she is now crated when I leave. It is safer for her. I will try again when she turns 2. I don't know if its boredom that made her eat these things? Good luck with Brutus. He's a cutie.[/COLOR]

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Its called the terrible two's. Bullies go through several different stages of development, the first time I heard about the terrible two's I laughed until Amber hit at around 11 months old. Now that I have a little more experience I "think" I am ready for Ruby, we will see. Its basically like they are going through their second puppy stage and I personally think it has something to do with the fact that their head is growing wider along with their other bone structure during their second year of development (just my personal observation, nothing conclusive). Anyway, go back to the basics and if they are tearing things up and have free run of the house put them back in their crate when they don't have direct supervision and make them work for their freedoms. It doesn't last long as long as you are consistent in redirecting their behavior. Good luck!

sethck89

Oct 13, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Humphrey
Hello!

My Humphrey is the same age. He has been acting like a nut for the past few weeks as well. Apparently, he has entered his "I'm-going-to-make-your-life-hell-until-I'm-1.5-years-old" phase. We just take him to the dog park a lot more often to let him burn off that energy, and then he behaves like an angel. As our trainer used to tell us, "A tired puppy is a well-behaved puppy."

Humphrey has also torn strings off of his toy ropes. The other day, he passed a big, long clump of strings from one of his ropes, and it got stuck as it was coming out. Of course, Humphrey thought something was getting him from behind, and he started zipping around in circles chasing his tail, and, of course, this was at the dog park in front of three dozen people! It was quite funny.

Good luck with the sock!

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Oh boy, I remember that stage. Winston decided that my underwear & socks were the most amazing thing in the entire world and every time I had laundry he'd try to trip me to steal my socks / underwear. Then he'd take off down the hallway with them and just suck on them...thank God he didn't eat them!. I just turned it into a game of chase with him and grabbed a bully stick to get his attention from my clothing. Bully sticks are amazing things...

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
In addition to trying to eat every shoe in the house, Brutus ate a sock last night so now we are on poop patrol. He is completely out of control for the last week and a half. I actually called the vet yesterday because he is chewing on things he never did before. I actually caught him trying to eat my bedroom wall. The vet said he thinks it is a combination of being hungry and that the weather is cooler so he isn't so tired and he is acting like a normal bulldog. The vet suggested that I increase his food to 2 1/2 cups per day instead of 2 and I can still give him his toppers in addition to the increase. I am hoping this works and he poops out the sock. Has anyone else had this happen. Brutus is 11 mos old.

AHhhhh oh no! Yep @Jennifer clark its meeee lol Well I have been giving Daisy Metamucil once a day and some high fiber bread lol Gooood luck... I know exactly how you feel! I will be sick to my stomach until she gets that rag out!!! Keep me posted :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
AHhhhh oh no! Yep @Jennifer clark its meeee lol Well I have been giving Daisy Metamucil once a day and some high fiber bread lol Gooood luck... I know exactly how you feel! I will be sick to my stomach until she gets that rag out!!! Keep me posted :)
Yay!! I got it right....

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I feel like this is happening a lot lately. I've heard of two socks and a dish rag all in a week! Hope he passes it soon!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 58288
Hi Rosale,
Yes, my 17 month old Bulldog, does the same thing. I now crate her when I leave. She never use to eat things when I left for a few hours, making sure nothing was around for her to get into. She was fine for a few months. The first time she started to eat things was a month ago when I came home to my magazines and mail shredded all over the living room and kitchen. I will try to upload a picture. I asked her how she did it and I was amazed she jumped on my kitchen chair and onto the kitchen table where the mail was. The next day I came home to her eating a small hole on our leather couch and made the small hole in the wall larger, that the recliner hits. Finally I bought bitter apple and sprayed it on the couch and the wall. I came home to eating Frank Sinatra. She shredded the jacket of Frank Sintatra's album cover and actually ate a bite of the album. I called my vet immediately and she told me to watch for vomiting. She was fine, but she is now crated when I leave. It is safer for her. I will try again when she turns 2. I don't know if its boredom that made her eat these things? Good luck with Brutus. He's a cutie.[/COLOR]
He is doing this when we are home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
After reading this thread i realize how incredibly lucky we have been with our three.... Nothing ever eaten or touched that is not their toy or bone.... Unless we give it to them , cardboard or empty paper towel rolls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.