Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Red eyes

  1. #1
    Dog Park Attendant luvmybully's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    401
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Red eyes


    I switched dog food from eukanuba to natural balance, both are chicken based. We live in Co it might be from the dryness, any ideas? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  2. #2
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Red eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmybully View Post

    I switched dog food from eukanuba to natural balance, both are chicken based. We live in Co it might be from the dryness, any ideas? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Try putting some eye lubricant like blink or sustaine eye drops from Walgreens, see if that helps


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  3. #3
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,183
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11518

    Default Re: Red eyes

    Eye drops like Lisa mentioned, but if you think it is allergy related, Benedryl could help too... 1mg per pound of pup up to 3x a day
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #4
    Dog Park Attendant luvmybully's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    401
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Red eyes

    Thanks to both of you, tried the drops-nuttin...will try ben today

  5. #5
    Drool Catcher s5nelson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    237
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Red eyes

    The only thing that I wanted to warn you about with the eye drops is that a lot of them have steroids in them which can become habit forming after 3 days of continual use. They don't really put it on the front label that the product contains steroids (Visine is the biggest one), so just read the directions and make sure it doesn't say to discontinue use after 3 days or go see a doctor since those have steroids in them (it will also say in the ingredients portion on the back of the box).

    Just wanted to warn you

  6. #6
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Red eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by s5nelson View Post
    The only thing that I wanted to warn you about with the eye drops is that a lot of them have steroids in them which can become habit forming after 3 days of continual use. They don't really put it on the front label that the product contains steroids (Visine is the biggest one), so just read the directions and make sure it doesn't say to discontinue use after 3 days or go see a doctor since those have steroids in them (it will also say in the ingredients portion on the back of the box).

    Just wanted to warn you
    Interesting and great information! Steroids can make eye problems worse too, if there happens to be a scratch or ulcer. Good to know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  7. #7
    Drool Catcher s5nelson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    237
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Red eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Interesting and great information! Steroids can make eye problems worse too, if there happens to be a scratch or ulcer. Good to know.
    Excellent point! I didn't even think of steroids making the situation worse!

  8. #8
    Dog Park Attendant luvmybully's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    401
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Red eyes

    This is kinda crazy, I've been massaging his eye as if it may have a cherry and they look better?!! Not so bloody red


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  9. #9
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,183
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11518

    Default Re: Red eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmybully View Post
    This is kinda crazy, I've been massaging his eye as if it may have a cherry and they look better?!! Not so bloody red

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Interesting?!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •