Red eyes

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
yvy6eva2.jpg

I switched dog food from eukanuba to natural balance, both are chicken based. We live in Co it might be from the dryness, any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
yvy6eva2.jpg

I switched dog food from eukanuba to natural balance, both are chicken based. We live in Co it might be from the dryness, any ideas? Thanks

Try putting some eye lubricant like blink or sustaine eye drops from Walgreens, see if that helps :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Eye drops like Lisa mentioned, but if you think it is allergy related, Benedryl could help too... 1mg per pound of pup up to 3x a day

OP
luvmybully

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Thanks to both of you, tried the drops-nuttin...will try ben today

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
The only thing that I wanted to warn you about with the eye drops is that a lot of them have steroids in them which can become habit forming after 3 days of continual use. They don't really put it on the front label that the product contains steroids (Visine is the biggest one), so just read the directions and make sure it doesn't say to discontinue use after 3 days or go see a doctor since those have steroids in them (it will also say in the ingredients portion on the back of the box).

Just wanted to warn you :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The only thing that I wanted to warn you about with the eye drops is that a lot of them have steroids in them which can become habit forming after 3 days of continual use. They don't really put it on the front label that the product contains steroids (Visine is the biggest one), so just read the directions and make sure it doesn't say to discontinue use after 3 days or go see a doctor since those have steroids in them (it will also say in the ingredients portion on the back of the box).

Just wanted to warn you :)

Interesting and great information! Steroids can make eye problems worse too, if there happens to be a scratch or ulcer. Good to know.

OP
luvmybully

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
This is kinda crazy, I've been massaging his eye as if it may have a cherry and they look better?!! Not so bloody red

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is kinda crazy, I've been massaging his eye as if it may have a cherry and they look better?!! Not so bloody red

Interesting?!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.