Red, swollen nipples

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I noticed today that Rocco's upper most nipples are red and seem a bit irritated. A friend suggested it could be due to his harness. We keep it on most of the day for ease of taking him for walks throughout the day. Do you think the harness could be what caused this or is there something else I should be looking into? Thanks in advance!

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about

ejunu5e8.jpg

And here's the original since I thought it was a great pic! Lol

eze5y9u5.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, it could be from the harness, rubbing on them.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I agree, it could be from the harness, rubbing on them.

Thanks for your input David! I hope that's the case!

What are everyone's harness guidelines? Do you keep your bully in the harness at all times or should I only be putting it on him for walk time? I want to reduce the irritation on his body but of course would rather use the harness over his collar for walking.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue hates having anything on so he only wears the harness when we walk him.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I only put on Brutus' harness when we are going for a walk or drive. The only time he has it on in the house is when he is misbehaving. It is like he understands that he has to listen when it is on. It is rare for me to leave it on all the time though because he gets the hint and behaves. I have to laugh though because the second picture looks like one of those we take of our kids naked in the tub or something when they are little. Rocco is going to be embarrased to know he is so well known on EBN now. :blush2:

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We take June's harness off when she's in the apartment. We just keep her retractable leash connected to the harness and hang it up by our front door.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I have to laugh though because the second picture looks like one of those we take of our kids naked in the tub or something when they are little. Rocco is going to be embarrased to know he is so well known on EBN now. :blush2:

haha if he only knew!

Thanks for shedding some light on this guys we're going to start leaving the harness off in the house to avoid any extra rubbing or chafing.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] When our bullies are in the house, all collars and harnesses come off.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
@fastmatt613 When our bullies are in the house, all collars and harnesses come off.

Thanks again for the tip David! I'm going to start implementing the same thing. I kept it on as a convenience to get him out faster when I saw he need to go. I need to practice my speed on getting that harness on now to avoid accidents! lol It's like the Fire Academy all over again when we were timd on how fast we can don our turnout gear haha

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
When I read the title of the thread I looked to see if it was posted in the Not Bulldog Talk section before I opened it. (I've been burned by [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] before.) Anyway sounds like the harness to me Matt.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
When I read the title of the thread I looked to see if it was posted in the Not Bulldog Talk section before I opened it. (I've been burned by [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] before.) Anyway sounds like the harness to me Matt.

Haha I couldn't breach the forum rules like that. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.