lump under skin on throat?

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
so my milly was outside earlier today and i think she was stung by a bee or bitten by a spider. my backyard has a deck that the under is not blocked off and bees are definatley out there.

anyway, so my mom took her out with my niece and my mom said she was under the deck for a few minutes. i didnt notice anything with her that was out of the ordinary until she woke up from a nap an hour ago. she has a lump under her chin slightly to the left in her folds that her jowls are connected to. it is the size of a large marble and very tender for me to touch. i cant seem to see a sting like you would if you were stung by a bee, but its very soft not hard just seems to remind me of a spider bite.

im not sure if i think she has a tumor or anything like that because it was so quickly formed and was not there this morning.

she is a little over three months old.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She may have been stung. If it is soft, it could be a cyst also. I know it's a little late, but you could put ice on it, Usually, if it is a sting, after it starts to "heal"(it starts to itch. ) If it is a cyst-they don't usually itch. My stings usually spread some, before they start healing. If not better in a few days-have it checked out. If itching Benedryl.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so my milly was outside earlier today and i think she was stung by a bee or bitten by a spider. my backyard has a deck that the under is not blocked off and bees are definatley out there.

anyway, so my mom took her out with my niece and my mom said she was under the deck for a few minutes. i didnt notice anything with her that was out of the ordinary until she woke up from a nap an hour ago. she has a lump under her chin slightly to the left in her folds that her jowls are connected to. it is the size of a large marble and very tender for me to touch. i cant seem to see a sting like you would if you were stung by a bee, but its very soft not hard just seems to remind me of a spider bite.

im not sure if i think she has a tumor or anything like that because it was so quickly formed and was not there this morning.

she is a little over three months old.

How is she doing? Lump still there?

OP
alyw9876

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
no thank god. it must have been some type of bug. when she woke up in the morning it was like it was never there. thanks for helping me the ice did work too. i need some benedryl for her in case it happens again! *pheww

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I think These dogs do these things to give us a friggin heart attack. Mimi (RIP) used to eat bugs or something and get hives all over her body. Benadryl is a must for the Bulldog toolkit. Worked for Mimi many times.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.