Thread: lump under skin on throat?

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Milly
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy lump under skin on throat?

so my milly was outside earlier today and i think she was stung by a bee or bitten by a spider. my backyard has a deck that the under is not blocked off and bees are definatley out there.

anyway, so my mom took her out with my niece and my mom said she was under the deck for a few minutes. i didnt notice anything with her that was out of the ordinary until she woke up from a nap an hour ago. she has a lump under her chin slightly to the left in her folds that her jowls are connected to. it is the size of a large marble and very tender for me to touch. i cant seem to see a sting like you would if you were stung by a bee, but its very soft not hard just seems to remind me of a spider bite.

im not sure if i think she has a tumor or anything like that because it was so quickly formed and was not there this morning.

she is a little over three months old.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: lump under skin on throat?

Is it maybe a swollen lymph node?

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

She may have been stung. If it is soft, it could be a cyst also. I know it's a little late, but you could put ice on it, Usually, if it is a sting, after it starts to "heal"(it starts to itch. ) If it is a cyst-they don't usually itch. My stings usually spread some, before they start healing. If not better in a few days-have it checked out. If itching Benedryl.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alyw9876 View Post
    so my milly was outside earlier today and i think she was stung by a bee or bitten by a spider. my backyard has a deck that the under is not blocked off and bees are definatley out there.

anyway, so my mom took her out with my niece and my mom said she was under the deck for a few minutes. i didnt notice anything with her that was out of the ordinary until she woke up from a nap an hour ago. she has a lump under her chin slightly to the left in her folds that her jowls are connected to. it is the size of a large marble and very tender for me to touch. i cant seem to see a sting like you would if you were stung by a bee, but its very soft not hard just seems to remind me of a spider bite.

im not sure if i think she has a tumor or anything like that because it was so quickly formed and was not there this morning.

she is a little over three months old.

How is she doing? Lump still there?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Milly
    Likes (Received)

no thank god. it must have been some type of bug. when she woke up in the morning it was like it was never there. thanks for helping me the ice did work too. i need some benedryl for her in case it happens again! *pheww

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

I think These dogs do these things to give us a friggin heart attack. Mimi (RIP) used to eat bugs or something and get hives all over her body. Benadryl is a must for the Bulldog toolkit. Worked for Mimi many times.

Remove Ads