Green beans or No green beans

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's funny Franklin is that way with carrots but he loves his green beans frozen where at in PA do you live I'm by Harrisburg
[MENTION=9888]Katielyn[/MENTION]

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
yeah it was funny and I don't blame him any I don't like green beans much either, but I do like fresh green beans from the garden dipped in ranch but not cooked that's for sure. [MENTION=5480]loveabully[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I live near Pittsburgh i'm about 30 to 40 mins away from Pittsburgh I live in Cranberry area.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Never tried any green beans so don't know if Ace would eat them or not. Have given him frozen english peas mixed with his kibble and he will eat them, sometimes with gusto other times not so much. They seem to come out the other end practically intact. So am not sure how much good they do him anyway so haven't tried much lately. On the green beans do they digest them or do they pass them basically intact?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That is funny! Chumleys not a fan either. I gave up. He eats carrots apples and bananas so I haven't gone crazy trying to get him to eat them anymore.

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] Chesty likes bananas, but he will only eat them if i am eating one but if he is not in the mood for them then forget it he's not eating it. I've never tried apples though. Ill have to give them a shot.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
@Chumley Chesty likes bananas, but he will only eat them if i am eating one but if he is not in the mood for them then forget it he's not eating it. I've never tried apples though. Ill have to give them a shot.
chum devours apples..just make sure to take the pits out if you try them.

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] oh for sure! I have a whole list of fruits and veggies chesty can have and remiders to take seeds and pits out of the fruits. I'm kinda excited to see what he will eat. I know he likes bananas and pineapples but i'm not sure what else he will eat.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
OK so i'm sure most of you have the issue with your bully eating to fast, well i'm in the same boat! Anyway Chesty hates green beans I think I have tried everything to get him to eat any kind of vegetable, you would swear he is a 3 year old child who is refusing to eat his vegetables. Anyway someone recommended cooking them in coconut oil and I figured why not try it, he liked the coconut oil on his dog food maybe a little bit on some green beans would work. So I took a teaspoon and a half of coconut oil put it in the skillet added some green beans and cooked them up. Well, I added some to his food bowl and walked away and I could hear him munching away on his dog food and the first thing I thought was SCORE!! he is actually eating them, I also noticed he wasn't eating as fast so I go back and check on him, and the reason he wasn't eating as fast is because he had to spit out all the green beans before he swallowed.what a little :poo:..so apparently throwing green beans in his bowl will slow him down with eating :mellow:

View attachment 58135 Him spitting out his green beans View attachment 58136 him looking at me like what i don't like green beans

* now he is almost 14 months and I did just start introducing vegetables to him about a months or so ago, I never really thought of it till I joined the Forum could that also be a possibility on why he don't want to eat them or any other vegetables because they are new to him and that I waited to long, is it pointless to start now or should i keep trying?
Katie! These are too cute! Daisy hates frozen green beans! She will do the same exact thing. lol. Have you tried frozen broccoli? I get the steamer bags and just take out a serving and add it in with her Kibble. She LOVES it.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea goes nuts for bananas but she likes coconut, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, pureed carrots, green beans, apples, pears and a whole list of other stuff i can't remember.

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION] no I haven't tried broccoli yet. I will have to try it soon though, I have gotten organic baby food ( fruits and veggies) and mixed them together and frozen them in an ice cube tray and he seems to enjoy it that way. But i will have to get a blender and get fresh fruits and veggies and puree it for him and see what he will eat.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm sorry but I'm busting out laughing! Well at least it slows him down! :ROFL:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] oh I know I laughed too! I really thought I had found a way to get him to eat his veggies but truth of the matter is he found a way to get around it!! such a little turd.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola does like frozen green beans but not cooked, and she loves cooked broccoli and cauliflower but not raw! just keep trying and you'll find something. try homemade sweet potato fries baked in the oven!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Am I seeing this picture right? Green beans with his kibble? Why?

Dogs are naturally predisposed to animal source not plant source. They can't efficiently digest raw plants. Cooking and pureeing them would make it more digestible but their bio-availability is still much lower than what humans can get out of it. But too much of it, especially from starchy veggies and all fruit, will spike up a dog's glucose levels as they have a much lower tolerance for carbs and sugars than humans do.

Good quality kibbles are already balanced with the proper ratio of vitamins and minerals that a dog can get out of vegetables. Adding veggies to it will throw this out of balance and especially increase his carb intake. So, unless you're specifically addressing a dog's health issues, there's no need to add anything to his good quality kibble.

So, dogs spitting out green beans? That's just your dog being a..... wait for it...... dog.

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] I don't know who you think you are telling me i shouldn't give my dog veggies and fruits. I'm not the only person on here who gives there dogs veggies and fruit,s A lot of people give them as treats on top of there dog food! Even at that he DIDN'T EAT THEM. I appreciate your concern but he's my dog i'll do as a please.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.