Green beans or No green beans

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
OK so i'm sure most of you have the issue with your bully eating to fast, well i'm in the same boat! Anyway Chesty hates green beans I think I have tried everything to get him to eat any kind of vegetable, you would swear he is a 3 year old child who is refusing to eat his vegetables. Anyway someone recommended cooking them in coconut oil and I figured why not try it, he liked the coconut oil on his dog food maybe a little bit on some green beans would work. So I took a teaspoon and a half of coconut oil put it in the skillet added some green beans and cooked them up. Well, I added some to his food bowl and walked away and I could hear him munching away on his dog food and the first thing I thought was SCORE!! he is actually eating them, I also noticed he wasn't eating as fast so I go back and check on him, and the reason he wasn't eating as fast is because he had to spit out all the green beans before he swallowed.what a little :poo:..so apparently throwing green beans in his bowl will slow him down with eating :mellow:

1382330_10201303094038381_1899503462_n.jpg Him spitting out his green beans 1385746_10201303094278387_1886511819_n.jpg him looking at me like what i don't like green beans

* now he is almost 14 months and I did just start introducing vegetables to him about a months or so ago, I never really thought of it till I joined the Forum could that also be a possibility on why he don't want to eat them or any other vegetables because they are new to him and that I waited to long, is it pointless to start now or should i keep trying?

Last edited:

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Too funny! Mayhem hates green beans too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Now that is funny. Have you tried them frozen? It could be a texture thing.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
MOM stop giving me green beans. :tapfoot: You can't trick him!!!

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] I've tried frozen, cooked not cooked every way possible, i guess he just doesn't like green beans.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] I've tried frozen, cooked not cooked every way possible, i guess he just doesn't like green beans.

Interesting. We had a similar issue with Harlea and carrots. She would just spit them out and turn her nose up. So on a whim as Harlea loves all things frozen my wife pureed then froze it like her fruit cubes and she devours them now. might be worth a shot.

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] Great idea maybe I could puree fruits and veggies together and then freeze them that way the fruit will over power the veggies.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] Great idea maybe I could puree fruits and veggies together and then freeze them that way the fruit will over power the veggies.
You can try all kinds of stuff. We have tried many combinations and right now one of her favorites are coconut yogurt cubes. We made it with dried coconut and plain yogurt blended together.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Welcome to my world...jameson did the same thing...i gave up..he loves carrots both raw and frozen. So he gets those and bananas and apples

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I have yet to feed Gunny green beans or any vegetable for that matter. Knowing him I bet it will go the same way. I do plan to try it after we get back after next week's vacation. If you do figure out how to get him to eat green beans please be sure to let me know how so I can get my 6 year old to eat them! :p

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=9767]GunnyHighway[/MENTION] If I figure it out i'll be sure to let you know. lol I did come up with an idea thanks to [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION]
I'm going to get organic babyfood ( fruits and vegetables) and mix a fruit and vegetable then freeze it in an ice cube tray and try that and if it works, then i'll buy a blender and puree my own fruits and vegetables.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
That's funny Franklin is that way with carrots but he loves his green beans frozen where at in PA do you live I'm by Harrisburg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lol...lol... He is one smart boy!!

Most Reactions