Things that drive me nuts about non~bully owners. ;)

chubstyle1

Mar 15, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell, aka- Chubstyle, Stinkerball, & Big Love to name a few
In my opinion, all the dingbats who ask why we would shell out money for EBs, their health problems, or ask if we'd give them up or put them down- seriously have no idea what family is. True Bullie owners are as devoted to our babies as they are to us and we'd have it no other way!

shelby0824

Apr 11, 2010
I'm not real sure where to post this. I get tired of people wanting to always pet Bubba and then when he slobs them up they get upset because he slobbered on them, or got slobber on their clothes. Sissys! Most people think because he is so short that he is not strong and they approach him the same way they woulkd a 20lb dog. I have seen some funny expressions on people face when he tries to lick them and they get knocked over lolol

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
I really did want to call her that B**** word, but held back! I really didn't know what to say to her, other than to point out that Horse lives with a 3-year old, so obviously he isn't the mean, aggressive dog she thinks he is. Well, our house is perfect for us, but I'm doubtful many people will be interested in buying it as there are tons of better properties for sale around us, so hopefully we won't be seeing this awful woman for awhile!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We had company for a week last week, and of course, although nothing was said, I am sure they did not appreciate our babies jumping up and licking on them. But they just love people so much, and were outside or in their room 95% of the time *sigh*, but our company liked to sit outside- so we just couldn't win. Oh well, like Libra said, they live here- it's their home!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm agreeing with a couple of the posts above ...... When your guests make the comment "Aaaawww look - a face only a mother could love". Just WHAT are they talking about! Are they blind!! Can't they see she's the most gorgeous thing put on this planet!!! :D

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This is a good one. I posted a status update on my Facebook site last night asking for more good thoughts and prayers for Truman. Someone commented (this is cut and paste): "You know if u purchase dogs other then bulldogs they don't have to go through all of that...." I deleted the comment immediately but this is one thing I am tired of at this point. Yes, they have health issues and sometimes more than other dogs - but show me a dog that doesn't have anything go wrong? I mean, it happens, just like it does to people! That just really irked me.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
This is a good one. I posted a status update on my Facebook site last night asking for more good thoughts and prayers for Truman. Someone commented (this is cut and paste): "You know if u purchase dogs other then bulldogs they don't have to go through all of that...." I deleted the comment immediately but this is one thing I am tired of at this point. Yes, they have health issues and sometimes more than other dogs - but show me a dog that doesn't have anything go wrong? I mean, it happens, just like it does to people! That just really irked me.

I get the same kind of comments. Makes me SOOOO MAD! :mad: People can be so insensitive.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)

That type of comment would make me want to delete the friend. You can think that all you want but to say that especially at a time like now?!?! No! I am sorry that is wrong.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
We haven't had Chance for very long but the most common issue I have with non-bully owners (or people who don't know dogs) is the "boy, that dog is fat" comment. I have found, however, that most people who have done even a tiny amount of research into dog breeds, generally understand that a bully is not built like most dogs. This is best understood by people who own mastiffs but other people seem to get it just fine. Every so often I am amazed at people who, however well intentioned, confuse Chance with a pitbull. A boxer (a fat boxer!) I could see but a pit? Hrm...

The one thing I don't mind (though perhaps after reading everyone's response I probably should) is when people ask me how much he cost. I typically use it as a "teachable moment" and explain to people the importance of doing your research into the breed, getting a reputable breeder and not buying from a pet store (where I have seen bullies run upwards of $5000). I go one step further to explain that good breeders do what they can to ensure a healthy bulldog and I explain all the possible health complications associated with bully ownership.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I CANNOT even imagine your poor bully being used for bait for dog fighting. That is so awful for any poor pup! I am thankful I havent gotten that question, WOW! I of course have heard the "oh why did you get him fixed and not breed him?" Why should anyone have to explain that about any dog? What are they just dollar signs, not animals?

I also get the complaint about his drool. He doesn drool, he just carries water. ;) Now st. bernards drool! lol.

and as an owner of both bullies and saint bernards, I can honestly say that [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] speaks the truth :tease:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
When my husband showed me a picture of Bullie and told me he is interested in adopting this dog, I said, "But, she's so ugly!". Ok, so I have a bichon frise and he is pretty :). But, of course, I saw how cute Bullie was the day we brought her home. :)But then, my friend who is a giant dog lover with 4 dobermans, 1 pit bull, and 1 bulldog said EB's are an anomaly and should not be bred. Not quite sure yet if she was just kidding.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i cannot believe that people actually say that to anyone. When i go to petco with sarah all i hear is how beautiful she is. Or i have wanted a bulldog forever. i cannot imagine people calling her ugly. now i do hear the fat comment and i want to hit them but i either let it go as ill only be seeing them for a few seconds or ill explain she is skinny compared to other bully owners ive run into around here. Here in south central va people seem very complementary and everyone loves bullys so i guess im lucky in that respect. i think i have a defective dog as sarah does not drool at all. maybe i should return her :ROFL:

wormed

Aug 10, 2011
Although I'm sure it'll get old quick, I'm looking forward to telling people, straight-faced, that they clearly have a vision problem if they think bulldogs are ugly. Flat out, probably the most adorable breed of dog on this planet. Hands down.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.